Chapter 1: The Transfer Student

~Eloise~

"Good morning everyone!" The principal greets the class. "Good morning Mr. De Vera!" The class was about to stand up when— "Ah, no need, no need!" The principal says as he urges them to sit back down. "I only came here to inform you that you'll be having a new classmate!"

'Self, kalma. Just introduce yourself and you'll be fine.' She thinks to herself.

She heard the principal announce that her new class will be having a new classmate.

'Oh no, but, what if they don't like me?'

'No. You have a choice, Eloise. Have friends, or be lonely. You can't risk yourself making the same mistake as you did before.'

'Ok, ok. I need to introduce myself. But how am I gonna do that?? Should I be cheerful? Ew, no. It makes me look like I want attention or something. Or maybe I should just keep cool! Wait! But that also makes me look—'

"Everyone, please meet Ms. Ventura! Please treat her with your warmest welcome!"

My thoughts were interrupted as I heard the principal call my name— I took a deep breath. 'Okay Eloise, let's go!' Gaining enough courage— Slowly, one step, two steps, and finally— walking with confidence not letting my head down. Exhale.

Entering the classroom, I looked around a bit anxious with a mix of confidence— after all, I don't plan on making any friends. But even if I do, hopefully, they won't be like him.

"Uhm, Good morning everyone! Hi, I'm Eloise, Eloise Blair Ventura. I'm fifteen years old, and as you all know I'll be joining your class starting now. Uhhh, I hope we'll get along with each other. Thank you!" I introduced myself, reluctantly. I saw two students at the back looking at me skeptically. 'Huh, better not get close to them.' I thought to myself.

"Okay, thank you, Ms. Ventura. You may take your seat over there, next to Mr. Gisco." Mr. De Vera says as the boy from the two students I saw looking at me earlier raised his hand— smiling slyly. 'Ugh, there goes my 'better not get close to them''. I sighed in annoyance as I strode over to the seat next to the boy. 'Just avoid him I guess, you'll be fine.' I thought to myself.

This'll be an awful six hours..

-Break Time-

~Caizen~

"Oh, right, may bagong transfer student daw ah" I said. Tiara nodded, "yeah, san mo nalaman?" She asked. Hmm, it's no fun if I don't annoy her a bit.

"Secret"

"..."

One eternity of silence later........

'Huh, she's awfully quiet. Gutom na ata to. I guess I won't annoy her if she won't budge.'

"Ano ba kasi, tahimik mo naman debs. Tara na ngaa gutom ka na ata ehh"

I said, smiling as I heard her chuckle. "Sabi ko na nga ba eh, gutom ka na eh" I said, laughing as we walked back into our school to buy food in the canteen.

On the way to the canteen, we saw Mr. De Vera— seemingly waiting for someone. As we got closer, we greeted him. We were about to leave until Mr. De Vera called me. "Ah, Caizen, wait." He said. I looked at Tiara and she just gestured for me to go to the principal. "Mauna na 'ko." She mouthed. "Mhm" I hummed acknowledging her gestures.

After that, I turned around and walked towards the principal as she went to the stairs, skipping on the way to the canteen. "Yes po, Mr. De Vera?" I asked him as soon as I got close to him. "Pasuyo Hijo, would you mind welcoming and tour the new student here on our campus?" He requested with a small smile. "Oh! Sure, you can count on me, Mr. De Vera!" I said, accepting his request.