sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ.

Start from the beginning

"Hayden Terrel and Yamir Marino." I responded.

He looked at the paper in his hand and traced it with his fingers before coming to a stop, "I see—go right on ahead, straight down the hall, take a left, then a right. After you take that right you're gonna wanna take a left until you see the stairs— go up the stairs, take a left and then you'll see the auditorium."

After he finished explaining I blinked at him flatly just to make sure he was serious, because there was no way he just said all that like it was simple to understand.

"I just know you're not seri—"

"We got it, thanks bro." Yamir spoke up, cutting me off.

"C'mon pretty-boy, follow me." He added, chuckling at my expression.

I shook my head and began to follow him as we entered the building.

"so where are we going?" I asked.

"Don't know—he was talking too fast." He revealed.

"Yamir I swear to god!" I exclaimed, causing him to burst into laughter.

"—why'd you cut me off like you had it all understood?" I then asked.

"Because you were about to go in, and it wasn't worth all that. You looked at him like he was stupid." Yamir responded in humor.

"well..." I mumbled.

"see that's not nice." He shook his head.

"well he deserved it, first of all he looked at us like we were lost." I ranted.

"Hayden it's fine.."

"'No because then he sounded like he could care less about where he was at!" I continued.

"Leafy.."

"Then he just regurgitated those confusing ass instructions like we were suppose to remember."

"Love." Yamir sighed finally.

"yes yamir!" I whined.

"calm down." He said simply, chuckling. "You're spazzing out over stuff that doesn't matter—it's okay."

I directed my gaze from his eyes, then mumbled, "...I am calm."

"I think those people in front of us are here for the scholarship too, we can just follow them." He nodded.

I agreed with a nod of my own as we continued walking. Thankfully his hunch was correct, because we ended up exactly where we needed to be, else we would've looked really creepy.

The set up of the area was really fancy and sophisticated. Of course the stage was the main attention point, but below it where beautifully decorated dinner tables, all sported with two to five seats.

"Can I get your names please gentlemen?" A short, older woman asked, typing away on her computer.

"Hayden Terrel and Yamir Marino." I spoke up again.

"Alrighty, it seems you two are gonna be seated at table B, your presentation is set for 3rd, when it's your turn you'll be introduced and led to the stage where you'll begin to present." She explained.

"got it." Yamir spoke up.

"Alright, right this way." She said politely as she began to lead us to our table.

Once we were appropriately sat down, she excused herself.

"It's a lot more people than I expected." I spoke up, watching asYamir removed his blazer and placed it on the back of his seat.