Chp:-7 Engagement Shopping

Start from the beginning

I walked over to them and looked at the necklace. "It's stunning. But I don't think I need anything that fancy for my engagement."

Gautam walked up to us and grinned. "I agree. You're already the most beautiful woman in the world."

I smiled and blushed. "Stop it, sounds like you're buttering me up Gautam."

Gautam leaned in and whispered in my ear. "I'm serious, Sanya. You take my breath away."

I laughed and leaned into him. "You're such a charmer." Gautam smirked.

Kriti coughed and said, "Is it me or it's getting too hot in here?" She laughed along with Alia and they high fived each other.

Meanwhile, the Patel sisters had found a section with earrings and were trying them on.

"How about these?" Divya asked, holding up a pair of silver hoops.

"They're nice, but I think these diamond studs are more elegant," Navya said, holding up a different pair.

I walked over to them and smiled. "I like both of them. Why don't we get both?"

The sisters grinned and high-fived each other. "Yes! Let's do it!"

Gautam walked up to them and raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure you want to get two pairs?"

I nodded. "Why not? It's our engagement shopping, after all. Let's have some fun."

Gautam grinned and wrapped his arm around me, "You're right. Let's make it a day to remember."

The sisters, meanwhile, had scattered around the store, trying on different rings and joking around. Divya had put on a giant diamond ring and was strutting around like a Hollywood star.

"Look at me, I'm the queen of the world!" she exclaimed, throwing her arms up in the air.

Alia rolled her eyes and nudged Navya. "Don't encourage her, or she'll never come back to reality."

Divya and Aashi joined in, oohing and aahing over the different designs. "I want one with a heart-shaped diamond!" Aashi declared.

"Me too!" Divya chimed in. "Let's see if they have any."

I watched them, amused and touched by their enthusiasm. "Your sisters are so much fun, Gautam. I feel like I'm part of a big family already."

Gautam nodded, smiling proudly. "They're the best. And soon, you'll be one of us too."

We chose our rings and decided to go for outfit shopping. We obviously went into RAGAUNN.S. boutique as definitely it's of the best. Rachna aunty and Avantika aunty own the boutique and are considered to be one of the best designers in the world. My Nisha di is a part of their team too. She is quite good too.

Nisha di clapped excitedly and said,"Yayyyy, I can't wait to show you all our lovely collections." We chuckled.

Kriti asked, "Sanya, do you have any specific color or design in mind?"

I shook my head, "Not really. I just want it to be something special, something that we'll cherish forever."

Kriti smiled, "I'm sure we'll find the perfect outfits for you two today."

As we walked into the store, we were greeted by a salesperson who asked, "Hello, it's so good to see you all, what can I help you with today?"

Gautam spoke up, "We're looking for some traditional outfits for our engagement. Can you show us some options?"

Nisha di went and told the salesperson something and she nodded and led us to a section of the store where we saw rows of beautiful sarees and suits. My eyes widened as I looked at the intricate designs and colors.

"Oh, these are so beautiful Nisha di," I exclaimed.

Gautam's sisters were also busy browsing through the collection, and soon they had picked out a few options for me to try on.

As I tried on a beautiful red saree, Gautam's sisters were all admiring me, "You look stunning soon to be bhabhi," Alia said.

Avantika aunty had also joined us by now, and she too had some suggestions. "Why don't you try this one, Sanya? It'll look great on you."

I looked at the saree that Avantika aunty was holding out to me. "This is beautiful, aunty. I'll try it on."

As I came out of the trial room, Gautam's sisters and his mother all gasped. "This is the one," Kriti said.

Gautam looked at me, "You look absolutely beautiful," he said, his eyes filled with an emotion I couldn't read.

I blushed and smiled, "Thank you."

My brothers picked out a matching suit for Gautam.

Prithvi held up a sleek black suit. "And I got this for Gautam. He's going to look like James Bond, I swear."

Alia said, "Woah! Great Job Prithvi. Bhai you'll look dashing in this one and it matches perfectly with Sanya's outfit."

Prithvi grinned and said, "Hehe thanks Alia."

Gautam chuckled and shook his head. "You guys are too much. But thanks, Prithvi. I appreciate it."

We finalised our outfits and paid for it and exited the store.

The rest of the day went by in a blur of laughter, conversation, and was spent shopping, laughing, and having fun. We stopped for lunch at a nearby restaurant, and Gautam and I stole glances at each other throughout the meal. Gautam's sisters teased him about his "lovey-sick" behavior, and Nisha di, Ritik bhaiya & Prithvi joined in the fun.

We picked out decorations, music, and food, and Gautam's sisters even started planning their dance performances for the event.

"We should do a Bollywood dance," Nisha di suggested, as we browsed through a music store.

"That's a great idea," Divya said, picking up a CD. "How about this one?"

I nodded. "Yes, that's perfect."

Gautam looked at them and smiled. "You guys are making me even more excited for the engagement. I can't wait to celebrate with all of you."

Aashi said, "What kind of spell have you casted on my brother Sanya? I never thought I'd be hearing you say such things bro. Excitement, celebration and all huh Gautam Workaholic Singhania?" She laughed and I chuckled.

Gautam smacked her head playfully. Aashi glared at him.

For a moment, I forgot all my worries and felt like I was part of a warm, loving family. I knew that whatever happened in the future, I had these people to count on, and I was grateful beyond words.

By the end of it, we were all exhausted but happy. As we said our goodbyes, Gautam and I exchanged a look of contentment knowing that we had found something special in each other.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE ENGAGEMENT................