Wooshik was always jealous of them but he knows Tae loves Appa as much as Appa loves Tae. He likes all his friends- every single person he ever talked to.

But never in his dreams, had he expected his love to turn into a curse until now. His greediness to give the best for his son and to keep him close, destroyed his life.

Why did he do that? Was he punished for his selfishness? Now the only emotion he was feeling was regret.

His Taehyung was barely 21 when he got him married to his best friend's son. They belonged to high society. Not millionaires but not middle class either.

He thought his son would be happy considering it was his friend's son. He didn't want Taehyung to get married so soon when his friend asked for his hand.

But he thought he wouldn't be able to find someone who could assure him that Taehyung would be happy. So, he had to accept. His protective side kicked in and he accepted.

He wouldn't be in this position right now if Taehyung was not so good. Why did he have to be so nice and kind, that he blindly said okay to his father's decision? Not even a single expression of protest.

He felt his heart crushed when he recalled those four words from his son. 'I TRUST YOU, APPA.'

Was it his fault that he trusted his father? And yet he never once blamed him, not even now.

Right now, Wonshik's legs and hands were shivering recalling the condition his son was in, a few hours ago.

He saw fear, he saw sadness, he saw anger. What broke him the most was when he saw helplessness. He should never feel helpless when his Appa is still alive.

The bruises on his face and body, and the way he was limping gave away that there were more wounds beneath the clothing. His skin attached to his bones, probably due to the lack of food and the amount of work.

His eyes were surrounded with dark circles, puffiness being the proof of the amount of tears his almond eyes shed. The same eyes that made him fall in love with him at first sight. He shouldn't have listened to Taehyung when he told him not to visit. He should've forced Taehyung to come home.

But he didn't, even though he missed him like hell. He thought he was happy and he didn't want to ruin it. Only if he knew just how much he was suffering.

His son was indeed a great actor. How did he mask all the feelings and talk cheerfully on the phone like he was not dying every single day? He knows Taehyung didn't want to worry them, but isn't his life more important than his family getting worried?

He shouldn't feel any other feeling that Regret but he was feeling something more than Regret.

He was feeling PROUD.

He was proud that more than being kind, more than being nice, Kim Taehyung son of Kim Wonshik was the strongest person, and that made him proud.

He is proud that he is Taehyung's father. He has never seen or met someone as strong as his son, who even after all the suffering stood with his head held high.

Wonshik knows how much Taehyung is suffering inside when he hears these words.

'I am Kim Wonshik's son. I am not that weak.'

He wiped his tears as he looked at Taehyung's figure who was in deep slumber, nuzzling more into his mother's chest, feeling safe. He was having a peaceful sleep after 2 torturous years, 1 year to be exact.

Taehyung's marriage was never wonderful. His life was just going on. He thought it was normal though he craved love like he saw between his parents. He never got to witness love.