Chapter 10 - Staking a Claim

Noah POV:

As I pulled Lily against me, I moaned in to her mouth, savouring the feel of her lips against mine. I had wanted to kiss her from the moment I had first laid my eyes on her, and it was even better than I had imagined. Her mouth tasted sweet, almost like honey. Threading my fingers through her hair, I couldn't help but smile against her lips, desire shooting through me and Lily certainly wasn't helping the situation. Her arms were wrapped around my neck, pulling me in. And her body was pressed tightly against mine, almost like we were one person.

After a minute, we both pulled back, gasping for air. "Holy hell..." I muttered, staring in to her eyes. "I've wanted to do that for a while."

"Mmm," Lily sighed, looking up at me with those gorgeous grey eyes.

I leaned forward, pressing my forehead against hers. "What are you doing to me?" I whispered, thinking about the desire I felt for her.

It was like nothing I'd ever felt before. Sure, when I first met her, it was all about getting her in to my bed. But after spending time with her, I realized that I didn't just want to her to be a one night stand.

"It's funny," she whispered back, our foreheads still touching. "I was just about to ask you the same question."

Reluctantly pulling away from her so I could see her face, I smiled when I saw the expression she had. Her blush was tinting her cheeks a subtle red and her eyes looked glazed over. "What are we doing?" I asked, taking hold of her hand and entwining our fingers.

She squeezed my hand, briefly looking down at the ground. Crap! Now I was starting to get worried. But when she looked back up at me, my worries vanished. She was smiling, a hint of amusement in her eyes. "I don't know," she answered. "I mean, when we met I thought you were a jack ass."

"Oh well!" I huffed, "Way to ruin a moment."

I just smiled as she burst out laughing. She stepped forward, our chests almost touching. "Noah, you may still be a jackass, but I think there's more to you," she whispered seriously. "But if you're looking for a one night stand, I'm not your girl."

Looking down at her, I frowned. The whole reason I had started pursuing her was just to spend a night with her, to get the desire I felt for her out of my system. But as I looked in to her beautiful grey eyes, I realized that I didn't want that anymore. I wanted to know her, be with her. So I leaned forward, smiling at her. "You've gotten under my skin Lily," I whispered, my lips hovering just an inch above hers. "I'm willing to take this slow."

"Are you sure?" she asked, looking up at me with a small smile.

"I've never been more sure of anything," I grinned, surprised at how true that really was. "Now, I think we'd better get back to the fair."

"Really?" Lily smirked at me. "I was kind of enjoying it back here."

I grit my teeth and shook my head at her, trying to suppress the urge to pull her against me and have my way with her right there in the field. "Oh no gorgeous. We have to go back to the fair, right now," I whispered, barely managing to get the words out. "Because if we don't, I'm afraid that I'll just take you right here."

Lily looked up at me with wide eyes, her cheeks going an even deeper shade of red. It was satisfying to see that she only seemed to blush around me. "Noah..." she murmured, biting her lip.

I just stared at her, the desire crashing through me in waves. Grabbing her hand, I pulled her around the corner and in to the bustling crowd, before I ravaged her right there. "Anything you wanna do?" I smiled, watching Lily gaze around the fair ground with a huge grin on her face. "We've got about ten minutes until we have to go and meet Jen and Pete."