Chapter 2: Reunion

When her eyes closed, she was welcomed back into a familiar underground cemetery and the sound of inferi circling around her. The former fifth year student returned to the day that changed her life forever.

"Incendio!" The fire sprouted from the tip of her wand, extinguishing the dead in flames. The circle became a ring of fire and the smell in the air was filled with ash and smoke. The way they thrashed and roared as their body embrace the fire terrified her. Even more so when amidst of all these inferi, there was a raging ex-auror shooting spells at her.

She took a step back and suddenly flinch when she found fingertips wrap around hers. They gave her a tight squeeze and when she turns back, she sees Sebastian right beside her. He took ahold of her hand before reeling her close to him, his hand defensively aiming at any incoming enemy who would dare try to hurt her.

"You're a fool, Sebastian!" Solomon's voice echoed across the burning catacomb, "Stop fighting now, right this instant! It's over for you and your friend here!"

Sebastian's eyes widened with rage, "STOP?! You were the one who launched the inferi at us! You destroyed the one thing that kept them docile! It was you who attacked us!"

"This would've never happened if you stopped looking for a cure for Anne!"

Sebastian shook his head, his voice escalating, "I'm not going to give up on her like you did!"

"You don't get it, do you boy?!" His uncle took a step closer but Sebastian retracted immediately, his feet stumbling backwards with his girl doing just the same. She watched as they argued, but every so often, her eyes surveyed the perimeter for any other incoming inferi.

"You used an unforgivable! You tried using a relic that could've gotten us ALL killed!" Every word seemed to past Sebastian's mind because each time Solomon spoke, Sebastian only responded with a disgruntled noise. His wand tightened around his grip,

"You don't know that! For all we know that relic could've worked, but you took that from me! You destroyed it!" Sebastian cried, "You gave up on her entirely! You have always told her she was about to die and that she needed to accept her fate...Y-You never listened to me and screamed at me at every chance you had! S-so I wanted to take matters into my own hands. I never meant to hurt anybody!"

Solomon shook his head,

"You're just like your father, reckless and careless about the people around you!" Sebastian shot a basic casting spell in response but his uncle only deflected it. He was completely enraged and his kindred spirit took this moment to intervene.

"Sebastian's right!" Her vigorous voice echoed, "He never meant to hurt anyone! He was only trying to help but you always neglected him! You always told him to give up and that only fueled his ambition more!" Her eyes pleaded at the older man but he seemed to not register anything she was saying. He continued to look furious. Her lips shivered,

"You should've been there when his parents died! You should've sat down with Sebastian and spoke to him about Anne. Y-you always attacked him! Just stop this, stop attacking us right now."

"I told you what would happen if I saw you two mess with dark magic again! I gave you that warning!" He darted an accusing finger at her, "You are just as bad as he is, always encouraging him this-"

"LEAVE HER OUT OF THIS!"

"I'm sorry...but I have to take the two of you in." Solomon said defeatedly. "You two have gone too far!"

"N-no...you won't take her or I anywhere!"

"Then I'll take you two by force."

Everything had happened so fast. Solomon vanished mid air and suddenly apparated inches close to Sebastian's face before snatching his wrist with a tight grip. The girl stumbled back, shaken by how close the older man came amongst the two. There was no sense of negotiation in his eyes. He really was going to take the two of them down.