23. WALK OF SHAME

For the first time in months, I let myself loose on the dance floor. Not bothering to care about the eyes on me, I swayed my hips along the rhythm and grind my back against that guy, Aaron was he?

My eyes briefly met Sean sitting by the bar, casually sipping alcohol and throwing daggers at me. I turned my back at him and wrapped my arms around Aaron's neck, pulling him closed to me. The guy was hot and that was all that I needed right now.

I only had one boyfriend my whole life and he was a huge nerd so it would be safe to say my romance (and sex) life had always been vanilla. And before I could move on from him, Dad died and the rest is history. I don't know what life was going to unveil next so I was going to take advantage of this one night of freedom. If it means I will ignore Sean's glares like a shameless person, then be it.

"That man keep staring at us." Aaron whispered in my ears as he wiped the sweat off his forehead. "He is scary."

"Don't worry about him." I said, although I knew it was easier said than done. "He is like a bodyguard. Act like he doesn't exist."

"Um... He's walking towards us." He said and I gulped.

"Ignore him." I said and laced my fingers through his silky hair.

Suddenly, I felt his overwhelming presence behind me. I don't know what he did behind my back but Aaron unwrapped himself from me and dashed away, ignoring my pleading glances.

I wanted to run away with him but a hand on my waist stopped me. When I didn't say anything or move, he lowered his mouth to my ears and whispered, "Dance with me."

My legs turned to jelly and I struggled to uphold myself straight. If it wasn't for his arms on my waist, I would have probably fell down.

As I recovered from the shock, I began to slowly sway along the music. I could feel his rock hard abs through the thin shirt. I could also feel some other hard contours of his body that I didn't want to focus on. Holy shit!

"I didn't know Aaron was any danger to me." I said sarcastically to distract myself from the unholy thoughts.

"He was a danger to himself." Sean replied in a low tone. "I didn't like the way he touched you."

What does he mean he didn't like it? Is he my father?

"I touched him." I clarified.

"Yes, you did." I could feel his hot breath on the side of my neck, sending shivers down to my belly.

I wanted to create some distance between us as his proximity was messing up with my brain. It was either the alcohol or the hormones but I was entering into unchartered territory with Sean. He was making me horny and that's where I draw the line in my relation with the mafia men.

I turned around to face him to tell him off but when I looked at his face, I almost drooled. In the dim light of the club, he looked like a dream come true. Sharp lines of his face, his dark eyes and tanned complexion, his red lips, his strong jaw, everything was carved with perfection.

He lowered his head until he was looking deep into my eyes. I wanted to look away but I couldn't. The air was charged with tension and my breaths were turning ragged. We were sandwiched between sweaty bodies that was also making the temperature rise.

I felt his hands trace the curve of my back and then dipped below to my buttocks, pulling myself closer to him. A trail of goosebumps appeared wherever his hand went, igniting a deep longing in the pit of my belly.

"I think we should go back." I said, finally tearing my eyes away from him.

"Why? What about enjoying your one night of freedom?" He teased.