𝟗

A few hours had passed since Y/n had guided Rintarō on how to start on his poem. As hard as he tried, boredom still got the better of him. He blew air out of his mouth, making the strands of hair that were covering his eyes fly up.

"You bored?" Y/n hummed, making Rintarō glance in her direction.

After she had instructed him to do his work, she herself had started studying and taking personal notes, presumably for her debate tournament. Rin wanted to ask her, just to be sure, but she seemed really focused.

"I guess a little..." Rintarō sighed, turning his head to take a better look at Y/n.

He watched her as she leaned her head in the palm of one of her hands that rested on the salon table, while her other hand was busy writing away in her notebook. Her brows were slightly furrowed, deep in concentration. Her messy hair, which looked even messier than before, being tied back in a loose ponytail.

A small smile emerged on Rin's lips when he saw a ray of sunlight shining perfectly onto Y/n's angelic face. A warm, gloomy feeling rushed through his body, giving him a pleasant feeling.

Without looking up from her notebook, she softly chuckled at the guy sitting next to her, unconsciously erupting butterflies in his stomach.

"Why don't you take a break?" Rintarō asked, his voice being raspy due to not speaking up for a while.

Y/n chuckled again, before answering. "Yea I will, in a second..." She trailed off, writing down her last few words before closing her notebook.

Rin leaned down, resting his head in the palm of his hand while smirking at the girl next to him.

"What? Something's wrong?~" She asked coyly, dragging out her words.

"Why does something need to be wrong?" Rin asked a little confused, his brows furrowing.

"I don't know." She shrugged. "Maybe cause you're looking at me like that." She murmured, taking a strand of her and curling it around her finger.

"Oh, so I can't look at you?" He asked teasingly, getting very amused when Y/n got a little flustered and turned her head to the other side.

Rintarō couldn't help but chuckle at her as she had gotten a little shy from his question.

"So you're a Kuroko no basket fan?" Rin asked to switch the topic and start a conversation, referring to the big basketball poster that was plastered on the wall above her bed.

Y/n giggled deeply before turning to face Rin again, laying her head on her arms which were folded.

"Are you?!" She asked enthusiastically, her eyebrows unconsciously raising as the smile on her face grew.

Rintarō could feel his heart fluttering at the way she looked and smiled at him. Whenever they interacted at school, he'd feel shy, anxious even. But now that he was in her personal space, very close to her, talking about non-school related stuff, he felt...safe?

"Nah...My sister is though." He chuckled, slightly leaning back, resting his head on Y/n's bed.

"Well, you should tell your sister that she has great taste." She smiled at him, nodding her head as if she were proud of his sister.

A big, genuine smile appeared on Rin's face, which was weird, cause he rarely smiled genuinely.

"Is it your favorite anime?" Rin asked, seeming pretty intrigued. Rin was always the quiet one among his friends, as he only spoke up to comment on something, or answer a question when asked, but now he found himself actually wanting to talk to Y/n, wishing there wouldn't come an end to it.