As Jenna scans over it a small frown appears on her face.

"Huh. That's weird." She says.

Fallon leans over and looks to see what Jenna is looking at. "What's weird?" She asks.

"It's just that- well, it's only Miranda's name on the certificate. Surely it should have Grayson's as well?" Jenna asks and Fallon frowns.

"Yeah, you're right." She mutters and Jenna catches the worried look on her face.

"I'm sure it's nothing." Jenna says, trying to console Fallon.

"Right. Nothing." Fallon mumbles but she can't stop staring at her mother's name.

In a trance, Fallon takes her certificate and goes upstairs to try and do some more research into it. She enters her bedroom and is instantly met with the feeling that something is off.

Her magic came before her thinking, almost as if it was on auto-pilot, and her hands were raised defensively as she pinned the intruder to her wall.

She looked at the intruder and lowered her magic.

Elijah.

"Quick reflexes, I must say. Quite the show, Miss Gilbert." He praises and Fallon nods confusedly.

"Fallon, is fine." She tells him, making him smile politely to her. "What brings you here in my room in the middle of the day?" Fallon asks him.

"No reason in particular other than to just... get to know you." He replies with a charming smile, something that made Fallon feel slightly giddy.

"To get to know me? Really? Is that all you could come up with?" She asks him with a scoff. "If I had a dollar for every time a man has said that to me I'd be even richer than the president." Fallon scoffs and Elijah let's out an amused smile on his face.

"Well, more like scoping you out. You are Elena's family, after all." He mentions and Fallon narrows her eyes at him.

"Why does that matter?" She asks him, crossing her arms.

"Considering the deal she and I have, I thought it would be wise to familiarise myself with her loved ones. Especially someone who's as powerful as you." Elijah commends. Fallon frowns.

"What deal?" She asks him with a small shake of her head in confusion.

Elijah looked somewhat surprised by her question. "They deal in which she goes about her business as normal, and I'll keep her loved ones safe. I would've thought she'd have told you by now." Elijah elaborates and Fallon scoffs in disbelief.

Of course she's been kept out of the loop. Again.

"Well, Elena and I aren't really on speaking terms right now." Fallon sighs and Elijah frowns.

"So I take it you're no longer on the list of loved ones I have to protect, then?" He asks her. Fallon almost cowers away in fear but then catches the look of amusement in his eye.

"Was that a backhanded threat?" She asked with a half-smile.

Elijah gave her an amused look. "No, it most certainly was not." He answered comically. Fallon almost wanted to laugh but remembered who he was, and why he was here.

"Look, Elijah. I can tell you're an honourable and loyal man. So why don't you just do us both a favour and tell me the real reason you're here." Fallon said to him and he gave her a somber smile.

"I find myself rather... intrigued by you." He answered honestly.

"Intrigued how?" Fallon asks him curiously.