The Sacrifice

LOUD THUMPING NOISES SOUNDED FROM THE KITCHEN DOWNSTAIRS

LOUD THUMPING NOISES SOUNDED FROM THE KITCHEN DOWNSTAIRS. Fallon groaned and checked the time and saw that it was after twelve.

Getting out of bed, she trudged downstairs to see Alaric, in his boxers, racking through the freezer and Jenna wearing his shirt standing behind him laughing.

Hearing the clearing of a throat behind them they whiz around to see Fallon standing there looking grumpy.

"Uhm..." Alaric stumbles.

"We were just..." Jenna tries but looks to Ric for help.

"Chunky monkey?" He offers meekly.

Fallon gives them a glare and snatched the ice cream tub out of his hands before getting a spoon and sitting herself down on the sofa.

"Fallon, I'm so sorry." Jenna says from next to her as she sits on the sofa.

"Yeah, you should be." Fallon says through a mouthful of ice cream.

"I know it must be weird for you to see Ric and I, and I should've asked if it was okay-" Jenna rambles.

"Jenna, I'm not mad about you and Ric. Like at all." Fallon cuts her off to put her at ease.

"Really?" Jenna asks.

"Yeah, I'm so happy for you guys. Go get it." Fallon winks and Jenna shakes her head with a smile. "What I'm mad about is that we're sitting here at an ungodly hour of the night, when I could be in my nice, warm bed." Fallon says and Jenna winces.

"Sorry. We weren't trying to wake you." Jenna says and Fallon gives her a look.

"Clearly." She replies. "I'll finish this ice cream while you two head upstairs. Quietly." Fallon emphasises the last word and Jenna smiled and gave her a kiss on the cheek before dragging Alaric and their bowl of ice cream upstairs.

Where they bumped into Elena.

After a few minutes, Fallon put her bowl in the sink and retreated back upstairs to her bed where she fell back asleep for the next few hours.

When she awoke, it wasn't to her alarm, or to someone calling her. Nor was it to Damon Salvatore, nagging her awake.

It was because she wanted to.  She felt rested enough that she could wake herself up.

Getting up from her bed, she got changed into some nice clothes for the day, and grabbed her headphones and plugged them into her phone.

Putting her playlist on shuffle the first thing to play was Mariah Carey's 'Fantasy'.

Smiling at the song she started dancing around the room and made her way downstairs where she started cooking her breakfast.

Oh when you walk by every night

She chucked the bacon in the pan and shimmied to the beat.

Talking sweet and looking fine

Then, she started batting the eggs in a bowl, before pouring it in a pot to scramble.