Bad Moon Rising

"Duke?" Fallon asked unsure

"It's just so that we can get information on the Lockwoods. Plus it'll be good to have you as an extra buffer along with Ric." Elena said, trying to persuade her older sister into coming on their little trip to visit Elena's birthmother's (A.K.A Alaric's vampire wife's) old office at Duke University to try and get any idea as to what the Lockwood's are.

"Ugh fine. But I call shotgun." She groaned tiredly and Elena grimaced.

"Sorry, Damon already called it but you can have shotgun on the way back!" She said as she walked back to her bedroom. Fallon rolled her eyes before changing into appropriate clothes and pulling together a bag of work and research as well as her old spell book that she had that might help them.

She paused and flicked through it, briefly looking at a page with some sort of old writing or language and skimmed over it before slamming the book shut and shoving it in her bag.

Fallon desperately needed coffee so she ran down the stairs ignoring whatever conversation that was happening between Jenna and Alaric and headed straight for their coffee-maker.

Pouring whatever contents that was left from the last brew into her travel mug, Fallon was finally ready to head out and so she grabbed her things and headed out of the kitchen.

"Hey, Jenna. Everything good?" Fallon asked as she noticed Jenna's slightly somber mood.

"Yeah, just men and their baggage." She joked and Fallon laughed slightly.

"Ah, I wouldn't know. Sorry." She smiled and Jenna nudged her arm.

"That's because you have never been in love. Or had a boyfriend for that matter." Jenna teased her and Fallon scoffed.

"Okay, whatever. Not my fault. I hope that the coffee-maker breaks while I'm gone." Fallon teased back and Jenna laughed before squeezing Fallon's shoulder and walking away.

When Fallon turned around, she was not expecting to see the sight of Stefan and Elena heavily making out as Damon looked away in disgust.

"Okay I think we've witnessed enough PDA for the day, peeps. Say goodbye and lets go we have work to do!" Fallon said loudly towards the couple who broke apart at the sound of her voice. "Chop, chop!" Fallon clapped and everyone got in the car.

"How is it so easy for you?" Stefan asks and Fallon shrugs.

"People just like me better." She teases and Stefan chuckles and Fallon gets in the car and takes the seat beside Elena.

A few minutes into the journey Fallon pulled out the old book and gave it to Damon in the front seat.

"I'm trusting you with this so don't be an idiot and break it. You're older so I'm wondering if you can tell me about any of these markings in the pages and if not then I guess we'll see what Isobelle has to say about it." Fallon stated and Damon took the book from her hands before turning in his seat to look at her slightly.