|2|

The changing rooms were potentially my least favourite room in the school, there was only one changing room for each gender so if there were multiple sports going on, then we were all shoved in the same tiny room.

And with just my luck, as my team and I were changing in silence, the cheerleaders came strutting in, a look of disgust on their faces as they saw us.

"Ugh it stinks so bad in here", One of them says as they grab their bags from the lockers.

I never understood why we had to share these rooms with them specifically, I mean cheerleading isn't even a real sport.

"What did you say?", I heard a cold daring voice causing my head to shoot up.

I said that out loud?

It was then I saw the one and only person I hate more than amyra.

Billie O'Connell

Or Eilish, apparently she changed it for who knows what reason.

Billie was the captain of the cheerleading team, and one of the more popular girls in school, I'd only spoked to her twice before this moment, once in freshman year before she made the cheerleading team and became untouchable when she was still nice enough to let me borrow her calculator and then again last year when I spilled glass of red wine down her white dress at a party, I apologised profusely and she claimed that it was fine.

Little did I know that a couple hours later, I'd see my car being towed away with me crying whilst sprinting after it, Amyra who was still with me, tagging along behind more concerned about what everyone was thinking than the fact the car I'd spent all my savings on was being taken away all whilst Billie stood in the middle of the yard with a neutral expression but the glint in her eyes showed the satisfaction she was feeling in that moment.

But right now, she was stood by the lockers, her arms folded, a look on her face that told me if I even breathed wrong in this moment, I'd regret it for the rest of my life.

"Nothing", I mumbled turning away earning a snicker from one of her friends.

"That's what I thought", I heard her mutter quietly before slamming her locker door closed, the sound making me grit my teeth as I shoved the rest of my stuff into my bag.

In the carpark, I saw Amyra sat on the wall we always used to sit on at lunch, she looked out of place in her new uniform.

Propping myself up, we sat in silence for a few moments before she turned to face me.

"Some game right?" She spoke lightheartedly, "I can't believe they took you off the pitch at half time"

I scoffed, "Teah well my whole team thinks im the reason we lost"

"I mean you do get distracted easily.." She said with a laugh, "I mean you let me run straight past you"

"I was just thinking", I mumbled in response.

"About?" She asked.

"Stuff", I responded dryly.

She huffed quietly, "So you won't even tell me how you feel anymore"

"Why should i?" I retorted, "You were more than happy to let your 'teammate' make me look like an absolute nobody, I mean who the fuck refers to someone as 'that girl'"

"Jesus Zira", She murmured letting out a breath, I could practically sense her eye roll at my sudden projection, "It was just a joke"

"Yeah well everything is always a joke when your popular, you don't need to worry about shit", I muttered, looking away.