Chapter 5 | PHASE ONE: Work

Start from the beginning

I wasn't too thrilled to be working in this large, werewolf city but the guys that was seeking my help in recreating the atmosphere of their nightclub, seemed desperate on the phone about a week ago as they weren't bringing in enough money to sustain their pack and they needed a whole new look to their club.

One that would bring creatures in and make them spend money — an atmosphere that you spent so much time having fun in, you didn't even realize how much money you were actually spending.

And today was supposed to be like any other place that has reached out to me for my services.

Unfortunately the guys that hired me, Dean and Jake Harris of the Blackstone pack were upset about the color they chose for the outside of their nightclub and now wanted me to repaint the entire exterior before moving to the interior.

"So let me get this straight," I chuckle, shaking my head a little as I look between the two. "You chose this color, you paid for this color, I painted a sample and told you that the color would dry a lot darker than it looked originally, you two gave me the good ahead, I painted it and now you're unhappy and want me to repaint the entire exterior but you don't want to be charged for the extra time and labor that goes into that?"

Dean nods, an annoyed expression now coming across his face. "Obviously," he growls before looking at his brother, Jake. "This is why I told you we shouldn't have hired a feline to do this, they don't listen to shit, they're stubborn, hotheaded and think the world revolves around them."

"I think this is called projecting. This dumbass just stated everything that an Alpha wolf is, except he missed the whole obsession with dominance thing, let me out Raiden, I promise I'll make it quick, just one bite to the jugular." — Onyx, my Black Leopard, growls.

His distaste for their entire species was comical to say the least. I'm a man of great patience but my beast, not so much.

Sighing patiently, I say, "I'm not repainting the entire exterior of your club without being paid for the extra time and labor."

Jake scoffs. "We're not paying you for extra time and labor when you fucked up the outside of our building, you need to honor your shit and repaint it."

I chuckle a little, "Again, you two chose this color, I told you that it would dry darker than what it originally seemed and again, you two understood that, you even signed off on the agreement stating you did, so legally I'm not at fault, you are."

"Excuse me?" Dean snarls, taking a step towards me, my eyes following the action as I raise a questioning brow. "We're not at fault for your fuck up, now redo this shit or you're not getting paid at all and we will get someone else to fix this shit then we will sue you for expenses that we had to cash out to do so."

"I promise I'll make it quick, Raiden. Just let me out, one bite, one swipe, anything to silence these dusty ass wolves." — Onyx growls again, pushing forward with me.

Balling my fists and taking a deep breath, I take my time in honing in my beast before he could something that we both would regret.

I had no doubt in our ability to shred these two idiots but we were in a city run by werewolves and filled the stench of them as multiple packs owned and operated the entirety of the businesses within this City.

After a few moments of reigning in Onyx, I narrow my eyes at the two dimwits in front of me.

Observing the Alpha and the Beta wolf, I shake my head again. I make an obvious note to look down at them as they were both maybe two inches shorter than me, I didn't necessarily have to look down as much as I did — but just getting under their skin made me so very happy.