Instinctively, I tensed up and almost dropped one of my serums. I didn't drop it. I did, however, squeeze more on my hand than I intended. I looked up at the mirror in front of me and realized the arms belonged to Nate. Guess his parents agreed to letting him stay over.

"I'm not kidding, I think I almost had a heart attack," I breathed, turning my head to the side a little to kiss his cheek.

"Sorry," he laughed. "What are you doing?"

"It's a serum," I explained to him as I spread it gently across my face. I turned around and put the extra serum on him. "It's supposed to be hydrating and brightening, and you scared me into squeezing too much out."

He let me put it all over his face. "It smells good."

"Right?" I turned back around to put my moisturizer on. "But apparently, there aren't any artificial scents and stuff in it, so that's all natural."

"Cool," he commented, picking up a bottle and examining it. "How many of these things are you putting on your face?"

"Today? Five, I think, maybe six. Usually, though, just two or three," I told him. "This one's the last one."

I pulled him out of my bathroom and in the direction of my bed when I finished putting all my stuff back in their places.

"Will you help me change out the bandage? I talked to my mom about it earlier, and she told me I didn't have to go to the hospital for it, but I should change the bandage regularly and keep it clean. She said she'll check it out when they get back."

"Not what I thought you were going to say after taking me to your bed, but sure," he chuckled. "You have the gauze and tape?"

"Shut up," I rolled my eyes, handing him the gauze I had prepared earlier and some medical tape. I had a cotton ball with some Betadine solution on it to clean the cut before we redressed it. "Here. I just need you to tape it up while I hold the gauze in place."

He sat on the bed, holding the gauze and tape, watching me pull my shirt up a little to remove the old bandage. He stayed silent as I stood in front of him and cleaned the wound carefully, observing intently.

"Okay, hand me the gauze," I put the Betadine-soaked cotton on the side table and stuck my hand out to take the gauze.

"Hold it here." His fingers brushed my bare skin as he placed the gauze on the cut. I followed his instructions, letting him take the lead as he secured everything with medical tape. "Okay, we're all done."

"Looks great," I smiled, inspecting the bandage before letting go of my shirt and allowing it to fall back down and cover the bandage.

He opened his arms and smiled back. "C'mere."

I sat on his lap and let myself be engulfed by him. "Will you stay with me tonight?"

"Wouldn't want it any other way," he kissed my temple.

~~~

"Someone looks happy," Alexia slid into her seat beside me, bumping my shoulder before she wiggled her eyebrows.

"My parents are coming home from New York today," I replied nonchalantly. I was, last minute, going over my History notes before our quiz. I was fairly prepared, but it was better safe than sorry. "I asked them to buy me a few things."

"You and I both know that's not the reason," she insisted, pulling my book out of my hands before slamming it shut and stuffing it in my bag. "Spill."

I sighed. She was reading me like I was that History book. "I had a good weekend, that's all. And Archer got me a Venti White Mocha this morning, I have caffeine and sugar."