Chapter 01: {The Photographer And The Award}

Start from the beginning

I quickly put myself together and sent a quick grateful prayer for the one up there as I embraced my friends shakily. Kelly takes my hand in hers and squeezes it softly as she escorts me to the stage. "You deserve this baby; you're making us all proud." I smiled her way, because we both knew if I opened my mouth currently, I would be a sobbing mess.

Jay extended his hand to help me get on, and I gracefully took it as he presented me with my award. My award, oh how I've been dreaming of this moment for months... Ever since I submitted my work. I looked down at my award and hugged it tighter to me as I made my way to the mic. I cleared my throat and took a deep cleansing breath before I started speaking.

"Thank you so much. I'm trying to take all this appreciation in and not to get too emotional but I'm starting to fail a little." I said as I heard my voice quiver, which earned me a few chuckles and louder applauses with encouraging words thrown my way.
"I want to thank God for allowing me to hop on adventures that some might not even be able to continue, for always protecting me and blessing me. Thank you to everyone who believed in me, or who didn't, for every kind word and gesture shown my way through my career and everywhere I went. Thank you to everyone who let me execute my vision and gave me space to grow. Thank you for everyone who supported me and still had faith in me even back then and until now. I'm extremely grateful. I want to thank myself as well, for believing in me and never giving up on myself. That deserves a few pats on my back by me." I laugh alongside the others as I raise my award higher in the air. "A huge thank you to the IPA as well, thank you for this honor. And may I always be able to make y'all embark in more journeys with me through my lenses. God bless you all. Thank you so much."

I put my hand on my heart in awe as I saw everybody giving me a standing ovation. Saweetie started whistling as Kelly elbowed her in the ribs harshly to stop. I laugh softly as I wipe my teary eyes and soak this moment all in as I just stand there for a few minutes.

Jay puts his hand at the end of my back to lightly jolt me out of my trance and take me back to my seat. "I'm proud of you Young B, you deserved it for that work you be putting in."

I smiled up at him. "Thank you Hov, you know I just do my thing and leave it to God and fate to do theirs." "For sure, no doubt. Imma let you go enjoy your moment more, I'll hit you up some time later for the project I want you to direct its visuals for me." I nodded my head in agreement thanking him then he kissed my forehead congratulating me one more time and he ventured off.

I went to my group of friends and we started screaming happily as we took off to the After Party to celebrate fully. We danced, bounced up and down, had the most fun with each other, took pictures and drank to our hearts' desires.

I was buzzing with life and alcohol too

I was buzzing with life and alcohol too. But I wasn't totally drunk per say, I was the one to drive myself here in my 1959 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud II. That's my baby. I bought it as my first ever gift when my project was the most consumed film world widely for over a year and some. The money kept coming in, and in, and in, and it never stopped from there. I kept grinding and grinding, until I am where I am. So, to say I am well off is a lie because I am way past that; and I love that. Big B and the B stands for Bands as I say cockily when I feel like flexing or talking my shit.