9

As Elizabeth stepped out of the shower, she could feel the warmth of the water still lingering on her skin. She wrapped herself in a towel and made her way to her bedroom. The sun was about to set, creating a soft golden glow over her room. She looked at her closet, trying to decide what to wear for the casual dinner she was going to attend later that evening.

A dinner with Charles' family. On what kind of level? Elizabeth knew that his family could be royals, so they were chic. But Charles mentioned that it would be a casual dinner. Elizabeth even messaged Charles earlier this afternoon to ask what she would wear. He said: Something you feel comfortable in. It's a casual dinner.

However, showing up in a pair of sweats and an ugly hoodie was inappropriate. When living in a ski resort during the winter, you only had three types of outfits: ski clothes, chill clothes and work clothes. Of course, people owned casual clothes, but people rarely wore them since it wasn't necessary. Elizabeth owned a lot of summer clothes, but it was cold outside, so that wasn't an option too.

After a few moments of scanning her clothes, Elizabeth decided to put on blue jeans, a light brown coloured hoodie and wear a check brown blazer over the hoodie. It was a safe choice, but it looked appropriate for the occasion. She quickly slipped into her clothes and examined herself in the mirror. Satisfied with her outfit, she moved on to her hair and makeup.

Elizabeth blow-dried her hair until it was dry and put her hair back in a clip, leaving the front pieces out. She grabbed her straightening iron and made sure the pieces had a bit of a wave in it. After she was satisfied with her hair, she turned her attention to her makeup, going for the no-makeup look. She applied a bit of BB cream and concealer where needed, followed by a light dust of bronzer and blush. Elizabeth finished off her look with a coat of mascara, eyebrow gel and tinted lip balm.

Next, it was time to choose her accessories. Elizabeth looked through her jewellery box and pulled out her new pair of golden earrings and a golden necklace. Lastly, she sprayed on her favourite perfume. Elizabeth grabbed her phone and made her way to the living room, finding out she had a few minutes to spare.

"Alright," she breathed. As thank you, she bought a flower bouquet. She picked it up from the kitchen and made her way to the garage. Elizabeth put on her shoes and coat before she left.

After a short while, she arrived at the mansion and rang the bell, waiting for the door to open. A mixture of nerves and excitement swirled in her stomach. Even though, she wasn't exactly nervous, the fact that Charles' family had invited her over was thrilling!

As she waited, her mind began to race with thoughts. What if they didn't like her? What if she said something wrong? What if she embarrassed herself? She tried to calm herself down, reminding herself that Charles had invited her over, and he wouldn't have done that if he didn't think she was kind.

The door opened. "Hey," Charles widely smiled. He stepped aside, giving Elizabeth some space when entering the house.

"Hello," she replied. She was glad the house was warm since it was freezing outside. "These flowers are for you," she quietly mentioned. "And your family." She handed the bouquet over.

He looked at it. "Thank you. They look beautiful."

"Yes, they do," she nodded and put off her shoes and coat. She followed Charles to the living area. It would be a lie if she said that this was her first time in this mansion. Elizabeth was kinda an all-around employee. She helped when and wherever she could, including cleaning the holiday homes. However, she had not visited the house after the renovation two years ago. "Good afternoon," she greeted Charles' family. Elizabeth had seen all of them, but only interacted with a few.