4

"It's so early," Theodore yawned the following morning. He looked at his sister, who sat on the bench in the garage, ready to go out on the slopes, but also ready to go back to bed. Elizabeth's eyes fell shut a couple of times.

"It's so cold," Elizabeth mumbled.

"Ready to go?" Dad asked with his chirpy voice. "You won't regret it when you're skiing down the slopes," he said to his children.

"It doesn't mean I regret it now," Elizabeth replied, and a shiver rolled down her spine. She got up and grabbed her stuff. "I should've gone to bed earlier. Where's mum?"

Dad opened the backdoor for his two children. "Mum is sleeping in, she will join us the next time."

"That woman needs a raise," Theodore mentioned and stepped outside. "God, it is freezing."

"What else do you expect in the fucking winter at a ski resort?" Elizabeth shot to him and followed him.

"In France, is it above freezing point."

"Good for them."

"What is wrong with you?" Theodore loudly sighed and shook his head.

Dad locked the door and looked at his two grown-ups. "It's too early to listen to your complaints, so I'm kindly asking you to shut your mouth or go back to your bed to sleep to let your crankiness dissolve."

The two straightened their faces and looked away. Elizabeth sighed and looked behind her to see if more people had woken up. Then her eyes fell on three creatures that were walking towards her at the end of the street. Why would they do that? Why would they wake up this early? She turned around and followed her dad and brother towards the ski lift. But then she realised why that might be. "Dad."

The man stopped walking to look behind him. "Yes, darling?"

"You go, I will be there soon," she mentioned and pointed at the lift.

"Why?" Theodore asked. "Why do we always have to wait for you?"

Elizabeth squinted her eyes at her brother. "You can go fuck yourself, Theodore," she let her mind take her frustrations over.

"Elizabeth," her dad disapprovingly hissed. "Theodore, don't tease."

"Anyway, I have to wait on a few people. So if you would like to go, so you don't have to wait for me, you are free to go," she announced and tiredly smiled.

The father and son turned around and walked away to the lifts.

Elizabeth kept looking at the three people who were walking towards her. Her eyes scanned the street. Every curtain behind the windows was closed. No one was out except her family and the three people at the end of the street. It wasn't a great day either; it was cold and grey. She looked behind her, facing the lift and slopes; some individuals were moving around.

"Hey," Charles breathed when he arrived at Elizabeth.

She turned around and smiled shortly. "Morning," she said. Elizabeth noticed his small, sleepy eyes. "You made it." Her eyes moved to the two people next to him; Arthur, Lorenzo and two unfamiliar people.

"I'm Lorenzo," the oldest Leclerc introduced himself. Charles had told about Elizabeth, so now it was time to get introduced.

"Arthur," the youngest Leclerc said and dodged a yawn.

Elizabeth showed a thin-lipped smile. "Elizabeth." She took a deep breath. "Anyway, shall we go?"

"Sure."

"So you are the person who came up with this idea?" Arthur asked.

"I proposed it, yes," Elizabeth replied, wanting to add a sneer about showing up, but she figured that she shouldn't do it.