"Thanks."

"You can sleepover if you want, my bed is big enough for the both of us, and I'm sure you don't want to be alone right now." Hailey offered, which Steve didn't expect, but he did accept her offer.

°•°•°•°

When Hailey woke up the next morning Steve was gone, but he left a note.

'Morning. Thank you for keeping me company last night. I really appreciate it. I'll be forever grateful 😉'

Hailey smiled down at the piece of paper, she knew he wasn't that big of a jerk.

Dustin and Hailey went to Mike's, they had things to do and that needed to be done fast, but first they needed Mike and Lucas talking again.

"I just... I can't believe she didn't come back." Mike said walking up and down. "She's gotta be close." Dustin pointed out. "She said it wasn't safe. She just messed up the compasses, because she wanted to protect us. She didn't betray us." Mike was rambling on in worry.

"Mike, I think you should first, before you pop a vain." Hailey said to him. "I shouldn't have yelled at her. I never should've done that." Mike said.

"Mike, this isn't your fault."

"Yeah, it's Lucas."

"It wasn't his fault either."

"It wasn't his fault?"

"No."

"So you're saying he wasn't way out of line?" Mike asked in disbelief. "Totally, but so we're you! You guys fighting ended up with my sister being injured." Dustin snapped. Hailey was proud of her brother speaking up for once.

"What?"

"And so was Eleven."

"Oh, give me a break!"

"No, Mike, you give me a break! All three of you were being a bunch of little assholes. Hailey and I were the only reasonable one's, Hailey got hurt, but the bottom line is... You pushed first and you know the rule. You draw first blood..." Dustin told Mike seriously.

"No! No way! I'm not shaking his hand!" Mike said, "You're shaking his hand!" Dustin told him seriously.

"No, I'm not."

"This isn't a discussion. This is the rule of law. Obey or be banished from the party. Do you wanna be banished?" Dustin asked, Hailey has never seen her brother taking a stance, she was proud of him. "No." Mike said looking down. "Good. Come on, Hai." Dustin said grabbing their jackets.

"Where are we going?" Mike asked the youngest Henderson. "Where else could we possibly be going Mikey?" We're going to get Lucas and then we have to find Eleven." Hailey told him.

They made their way to Lucas's house, Mike rang the doorbell. Lucas opened the door to see Mike, Dustin and Hailey. The Sinclair boy was glad to see Hailey was actually okay.

"What do you want?" Lucas asked Mike. Dustin slapped Mike's shoulder when he didn't speak up. "I drew first blood, so..." Mike said holding out his hand, Lucas only stared at his hand, before inviting them into his house.

Lucas kept walking up and down thinking of what he should do. "Okay, I'll shake. On one condition, we forget the weirdo and go straight to the gate." Lucas finally spoke up.

"Then the deal's off."

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

"No, no, not fine!" Guys seriously? Do you even remember what happened on the bloodstone pass? We couldn't agree on what path to take, so we split up the party and those trolls took us out one by one, and it all went to shit, and we were all disabled. So we stick together, no matter what." Dustin explained to the two.

"Yeah I agree, but this is the party right here in this room." Lucas pointed out, Hailey included. "El is one us now." Mike told Lucas sternly. "Um, no, she's not. Not even close! Never will be. She's a liar, a traitor..." Mike interrupted the Sinclair boy immediately. "She was just trying to keep us safe, she didn't mean to hurt anyone. It was an accident!" Mike said.

"An accident?" Lucas asked not believing what he was hearing. "All right, accident or not... Admit it, it was a little awesome." Dustin said, Hailey could only smile at her brother's logic.

"Awesome?"

"Yeah, she threw you and Hailey with her mind!" Dustin told him excited. "Hailey, your sister, could have been killed." Lucas pointed out. "Boys don't drag me into this, I'm perfectly fine." Hailey said. "Which is exactly why we need her. She's a weapon! Do you seriously wanna fight the Demogorgon with your wrist rocket? That's like R2-D2 going to fight Darth Vader. We're no use to Will if we're dead." Mike said trying to make his point.

"If you guys wanna waste your time looking for a traitor, go ahead, cause I'm not spending my time on her anymore. No way! I'm going to the gate. I'm gonna find Will!" Lucas said walking away from them.

Dustin and Mike went to look for Eleven in the forest and Hailey went to go look in town.

Hailey has been looking everywhere she could think of, to see if she could find Eleven, but no luck at all. Hailey was walking past the alley, next to the movie theater, when she heard a commotion, she went to take a closer look only to see Jonathan on top of Steve, hitting him. The cops also arrived, Hailey have no idea why but she followed Steve and his friends, running after them until they finally came to a stop.

"Steve!" Hailey yelled out to the boy, he quickly turned around after hearing her voice, Hailey came to a complete stand still after seeing his face, it was completely busted, her body reacted before her mind did.

She made him sit on top of his car and took out the first aid kit she always carry around.

"Hailey, I..."

"Keep quiet." She told him, starting to clean his face, Steve winched back every now and then, but he kept staring at her face. Hailey brushed over the cut by his lips making him pull back. "Don't be a baby." Hailey said. "Why aren't you asking anything?" Steve wondered out loud.

"I told you to follow your gut, I just didn't think you would get hurt, because of it." Hailey said softly, looking into his eyes.

"Hailey! Hailey! Come in! We found Eleven!" Her walkie went off. Hailey gave Steve the ointment for his face. "Try and keep your wounds clean, and put this on, and Steve, next time please don't get hurt." Hailey told him before walking away, taking out her walkie.

"Where are you guys? Over!"

"We're headed back to Mike's house, get us there."

Hailey did just that, she headed to mike's house. Hailey saw a white van parked close to the Wheeler house, the guy inside was staring at the house, it was a little two suspicious. She took a step into the house knowing things were about to get real.

*°•Unedited•°*