"Mr. Hashem, it's been a while." She gave him what is supposed to be a flirtatious smile, her eyes darting around to make sure no one is watching.

Bilal smiled in that gentlemanly way that makes one of his employees shriek with agitation. "Indeed. How have you been?"

He's escaped the lack of knowing her name for now. But for how long if she is so keen on talking to him about unprofessional stuff.

"I've been great and you look great too. Maybe it's the perfect time for our date?" With her perfectly donned suit and high ponytail, she looks older than her age.

Date?! Bilal echoed within the confines of his cranium, thinking hard on the last conversation he's had with this woman the last time he was there. What on earth is she talking about? He's never promised anyone a date. Well, except Benazir which is forced upon him by his sister.

He tentatively removed her hand from his arm, smile still stuffed to his face. "Date? I think that has expired because I am seeing someone now."

Her expression fell immediately making Bilal wonder why the heck that lie slipped from his lips. He's never had to lie to anyone in his entire life. He takes what he wants whether with politeness or fists like he does few years back. Then why is he lying to this woman now?

She schooled it back to that same smile she had when she approached him. "I'm sure she's back in Nigeria and she won't know if you don't tell. The date is not going to be anything serious, Bilal."

Back to first name when he doesn't know what the hell to call her? And why is she insisting on going on a date with him? He just rejected her right in her face. She's got no shame or is she playing a game?

"That would be considered cheating, dear. She might be miles away but not telling her will definitely hurt her a lot. And she is a possessive woman." He forced a smile, the charade gentleness slowly dematerializing.

Of course, only Madina knows about that brashness he's hidden for so long. It is itching him now.

She scoffed at that, folded her arms and surveyed him with bratty attitude that doesn't fit her suit and age. This is becoming more and more ridiculous with the boardroom empty except for one person lurking at the window while talking on phone.

"It is not cheating as long as we don't end up in each other's beds. And I don't see that happening in the future." She twirled a strand of her blond hair from her ponytail.

Desperation, that is what she reeks.

But Bilal knows women like her. It won't stop after that date and she might find another way to make sure they do something to her liking. He's been through so much because of his single title but he's lied about it, still no escape route. What should a man do?!

Making his smile look a bit too businesslike, he gave a curt answer. "I'm sorry but I am not going on a date with you."

Her face fell yet again, a bit more dramatically this time before she gave a heartbroken nod and breeze away. Bilal let out a breathe he had no idea he was holding. It's been a while since he's dealt with desperate women.

He made it back to the hotel in record time, slipped back to the restaurant to have something off the room service menu. Inside the restaurant, he saw Madina, Mahfuz and Fox having dinner at the quietest corner. He contemplated whether to go there or not.

Just to make the night go downhill for Madina, he is going to sit there with his employees. Their eyes fell on him right then, he gave the usual smile and went to sit down on the last chair available at the table. Madina's scowl was immediate, curling her cute lips to the side.