10.She is a very protective person. He should not have called Lu Jue a fool. (1)

Lisa ran into Eunha downstairs after she left the study.

She had on a bright yellow dress. Now that she has alabaster skin, she could totally pull off a color like that.

In her memory, Eunha had alabaster skin even before she had stolen Lisa's halo. But it was the smooth, glowing, and flawless.

Halo was a great thing.

That was why Eunha didn't just want to steal the halo; she wanted to steal all of it.

"Lali." Eunha looked at Lisa's hands, saw her carrying a white ceramic plate and said, "I heard from the servants that you had made some food for Jungkook?"

"And the problem of that being?" Lisa looked up and down Eunha. She had just recollected 2% of her halo but Eunha didn't seem to notice at all.

"Is something going on with you the last couple of days? I feel that they way you treat Jungkook had changed." As was the way that Lisa was looking at her. She was not able to read the new Lisa.

"You've changed too," said Lisa with a smile as she got closer to Eunha. "I noticed that you looked a little darker today."

She had gotten a little bit of her halo back, meaning that Eunha had that much less. It was just that the changes were too minor for Eunha to tell so far.

The smile on Eunha lessened. "That's not funny, Lali." She told Lisa mildly, "A renowned skincare product company reached out to my agent yesterday asking for me to be their spoke person."

She was trying to faceslap Lisa with her true ability.

Had Lisa not been looking into the mirror lately? Had she not noticed the difference in appearances between the two of them?

Lisa smiled.

Looking at Eunha's dubious look, Lisa said to her, "I suddenly remember a joke. A thief went over the original owner and bragged about how pretty and useful the stolen item was and even laughed at the owner for being stupid not able to guard their own treasure.

Eunha, "Are you trying to be funny?"

"I wasn't joking," said Lisa while giving Eunha a deep and meaningful look. "It's a true story."

Eunha felt that there was subtext in Lisa's words.

Watching Lisa left, she stroked the pendant that she wore around her neck and the warm feel calmed her worried heart.

***

Lisa was a junior in university. Per the original owner's request, the Jeon family did not announce the fact that Jungkook and her had gotten married overseas six months ago. Nobody at school knew that she had married into the Jeon family.

School load was light as a junior in college. Lisa was only glad that original owner's major was the same as hers before she had transmigrated over. She found the curricuJeonm quite cozy after an afternoon of classes.

The chauffeur from the Jeon family was already waiting at the entrance of the university when it let out.

The black Jeonxurious car attracted much attention even just parked there silently.

Lisa got inside of the car and asked the chauffeur, "Uncle Chen, was everything alright with Jungkook today?"

She knew full well that Mother Jeon would have given her a call if something had happened to Jungkook but she still decided to ask. After all, one needed to pay attention to details when making changes.

Uncle Chen was a little surprised at Lisa asking about Second Young Sir. In addition, she seemed to be more outgoing than she was before. "Young Sir Jungkook was doing well today."

When they drove past a dessert place, Lisa had Uncle Chen pulled over.

When she returned to the car, she had two delicate boxes with her.

They had guest at the Jeon's residence today. Mother Jeon has a young sister and she was visiting with her youngest son.

Lee Sunmi, Mother Jeon's sister, was a little surprised when Lisa greeted them with poise. After Lisa had gone upstairs, she asked Mother Jeon with a smile, "Did you give her little daughter-in-law some training?"

Chaerin took a sip of tea. "Do I look like the kind who'd have rules for my daughter-in-law to follow?"

"I know you are not that kind of a person."

Chaerin and Sunmi had always been closed. She wasn't worried about Sunmi's thought on this. "You know the situation when Lisa married into my family. I have an agreement with her elders. If Kook doesn't get better within two years and they don't have any children, Lisa is welcome to leave."

Sunmi disagreed. "Lisa is lucky to be able to marry into the Jeon family. How else would an orphan like her be able to marry into the Jeon family? Not even the slightest chance."

"Her intention of marrying into the Jeon family was never pure. Besides, Kook's autism is getting worse as time goes on. Her heart doesn't lie with us. What is the point of forcing her to stay?"

Mother Jeon was well aware of her son's situation all along. Having Lisa married her was her only hope. And it is her wild hope that Lisa might have a child with her son.

It had already been six months and, not only did Jungkook's autism not getting better, Lisa also disliked her son. Never mind about having a child between them. The two of them didn't even share the same bed.

She had tried to pressure Lisa some but that didn't work. It was, after all, matters between Lisa and Jungkook. They would not have children if one party was unwilling.

Chaerin signed. "If Kook's illness gets worse, we can't just have Lisa wastes her entire life at the Jeon family."