I'm Sorry || hbc

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

                  ┌──────⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
                                sad, comfort
                  └──────⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

             ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

              ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Mama?" Y/N called, standing by the door.
"Emm Hmm..?" Helena responded with humming without looking up at her daughter, still being busy with her paper which scattered on the table.
"I think I need you." Y/N said softly.
"Not now, darling. Mama's busy right now." Helena replied, burying her head in the pile of paper, and all her attention was on them.
"Ok..." Y/N said and went back to the living room.

A few minutes later,
"Mama?" Y/N came again.
"Not yet, Y/N." Helena replied impatiently.

Y/N sighed and turned back to the living room, but she was afraid that she would be scolded if her mother found out she was not feeling well, and if she didn't come to her as soon as she was sick. So for the last and final, she decided to go to her mother again.

In this time, if mama still did the same, it wouldn't be my fault.

Y/N headed to her mother again to talk about her illness.

"Mama?" Y/N called softly.
"HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU, Y/N BONHAM CARTER?! I'M FUCKING BUSY! DON'T YOU SEE?" Helena yelled at Y/N.

Mama had never called my full name.

The girl froze where she stood as she felt her heart was gripped by unexpected coldness and fear. Her breath hitched as she saw the range in her mother's eyes, which was what she was afraid most, and had never experienced before. Her eyes were getting moist while both of her chocolate brown eyes displayed huge sadness. She didn't expect that.

Helena's anger started to fade when she realized she was wrong and saw the young girl's fear.

"Look.., Y/N, darling, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it." – she said softly, putting her reading glasses on her head – "Mama's working, and I need to get this finished as quickly as possible. I'll come to you as soon as I finish. How's that?" She added.

"It's-it's okay, mama. I- I'm sorry. I'll wait for you in my room." She shuttered, then vanished to her room quietly.

As soon as Y/N walked off, guilt and sadness immediately filled Helena.

She just needed me. She just needs her mother. She just wanted to talk to me. Gosh... What have I done?

She tried to finish her work up as fast as she could. During the work, Helena was distracted by the early situation. She saw Y/N's teary eyes again. Although her heart desperately wanted her to go to Y/N and be with her little girl right now, her brain monitored her to finish her work. As always her brain won her heart, so she decided to focus on the work first.