family holiday in tokyo

Começar do início

"what?" hana asked.

"daiso," cho-reum pointed at the store far in front of them.

"eomma!"shin-hye gasped and grabbed hana's other hand and looked at hana with puppy eyes.

"go on. dong-won, go with them if you want to. there's a lot of cute things in there i think," hana said and before she could speak more, the three siblings already ran towards the store.

hana exhaled and looked at johnny.

"i'll go after them. you and hye-joon together," johnny said before walking behind the kids.

hana turned to look at hye-joon, "don't wanna go inside daiso?"

hye-joon shook his head, "nah. i'm good."

"don't you want to buy anything? for your friends, maybe? or you wanna search somewhere else?" hana asked him while looking around.

"eomma," hye-joon said.

"yeah?" hana replied and looked at hye-joon.

"i saw a yoghurt store. can we get yoghurt ice cream?" hye-joon said.

"oh, i saw that too. let's go," hana said before taking hye-joon's arm and they walked together.

they arrived in front of the yogurt store and there were 2 people in front of them.

"eomma, what flavor do you want? you can find a seat. i'll queue," hye-joon said while taking out his phone.

"the regular cup. i'd like granola, chocolate sauce and kiwi for the toppings," hana said.

"alright. i got it. you can take a seat," hye-joon said.

"okay," hana said before finding a seat for them.

the moment hana sat down, her phone buzzed. hana only turn on her notification if it's something from johnny. during her whole vacation. including during her wedding time, she turned off all notifications.

only notification from johnny that she received. and that's the most perfect thing to do. free from other things. free from knowing dramas on social media. and everything else. everyone is spending time with each other.

the kids do go on their phones and update their social media. but not johnny and hana. both of them really turned off their social media.

anyways, hana's phone buzzed and it was text messages from johnny that he sent to their family group.

he sent a selfie of the kids taking a trolley and filling up with things and johnny's face being totally 'done' with them. hana laughed softly seeing the photo.

"y'all are so cute," hana muttered. a second later, hana's mom replied to the photo.

'shopping spree i see...' hana's mom commented.

hana commented with laughing stickers. she shook her head and put down her phone right after. she looked around the yogurt ice cream shop and realized that there were a moderate amount of customers.

around 3 minutes later, hye-joon came to the table with two cups of yogurt ice cream.

his and hana's.

"that was fast," hana commented while picking up the spoon.

"yup. super fast," hye-joon replied.

hana raised her eyebrows and gave a nod of approval, "this yoghurt ice cream is very nice."

"really?" hye-joon questioned before taking a spoonful of the yogurt ice cream.

he nodded too, "i couldn't agree more."

hana chuckled.

"what do you want to buy as souvenirs?" hana asked him.

hye-joon shrugged, "i got everything already. i don't know what to spend on anymore."

hana chuckled and sighed, "what about your friends? for your friends."

hye-joon shook his head, "i'm not friends with anyone anymore. i've cut contact with them."

hana raised her eyebrows, "you for real? what's the reason?"

"i found out that they were just being friends with me because of you," he replied.

hana smiled blandly and nodded, "alright. that shouldn't happen."

"i just knew it just now. one of my friends posted on his instagram story. they were at a party and i heard one of my friends say that they're only friends with me because i'm your son. they even said that i was just an adopted," hye-joon said.

"first of all, that's trash friends. that's not true friends. your decision to cut them off, that's courageous. that's not an easy thing to do since you're close to them. second, i never thought of you as my adopted son. you're always just, my son. i would never call you adopted even if you are. you're my son. that's all. well, that kind of friend is shitty friend," hana said.

"yeah," he replied.

"that's good you cut them off. leave them, forget about them. you don't deserve them. you deserve much better. well, sometimes it's nice to just be alone. as you grow up, you'll notice that. it's better to be alone," hana told him.

"i know," hye-joon replied.

"so, don't worry. if you need a friend, you can me or johnny. your secrets are the safest with us," hana said.

hye-joon chuckled, "i believe that."

"of course you do."