Kara

Fandom: Generator Rex

An accident infuses every living thing on earth with microscopic machines called Nanites. Some of those infected evolve into creatures known as EVOs with powerful abilities.

In the 5 years following, Kara mutates and gains abilities quite similar to Rex. She can create things with her Nanites, though she leans towards the defensive. She can transfer her Nanites into a monstrous EVO and essentially dilute the hostile Nanites, providing a temporary cure. She absorbs Nanites from her surroundings, which gives her a near infinite supply. If she absorbs hostile Nanites, she risks turning into a monster. With some effort, she can exert some control over other's Nanites.

She and Rex spend some time on the run together. They hunt down dangerous EVOs and cure them. During one of their "missions", the power core of a building is damaged. Rex makes it out with her help, but it explodes before she escapes the blast, or so he thinks.

The accident triggers a memory wipe in both of them.

About 2 years later, she runs into Rex during one of his missions. She "cures" one of the EVOs he's after before he gets the chance.

After that encounter, Rex tracks her down and goes after her on his own. He finds her in an abandoned apartment and, seeing her face, gets a flash of memory back. So does Kara and they try to piece together what happened and how they knew each other.

Rex keeps their meeting a secret until Hunter Cane starts causing trouble and riling up the people against EVOs and Providence. She jumps into the attack at the harbor. She uses her Nanites to form a suit of armor, but she gets hit by one of Hunter's disintegrating bullets while protecting Rex.

Rex takes her to Providence HQ so Doctor Holiday can help her.

Kara's armor took the brunt of the shot and saved her life. She wakes up to find herself in a lab at Providence HQ, her existence no longer a secret. Rex explains that she had been dying and Providence had the equipment to save her. She forgives him, knowing that her anonymity was never going to last forever.

She joins Providence to help with the growing EVO problem.

Shortly after, Van Kleiss attacks the base with the ability to activate dormant Nanites and create EVOs that he controls.

Kara uses stealth tech to try and sneak up on him, but he notices her approach and grabs her by the throat. He tries to turn her, but can't, since she's already mutated. Throwing caution to the wind, she forms a suit of armor and kicks free of his grip. He finally sees her face and almost relaxes, hinting that he knows about her past. When she asks how, he claims to be her father.

Morphing her arm into a short sword, she lashes out in anger, slicing him across the face. Rex holds her back, to keep her from getting herself killed.

As they retreat back to the lab, Rex tells her off for being stupid. Kara shrugs it off, revealing that she used the outburst to get a sample of Van Kleiss' blood. ("I need to know the truth.")

After weathering Van Kleiss' attack, Kara asks Holiday to test the blood sample to prove, once and for all, whether or not he is her father.

When the test is over, Holiday stalls before bringing herself to tell Kara that Van Kleiss was telling the truth - that she's his daughter.

She tells Rex, but swears him to secrecy. She tries to act normal, but can't help fishing for information about her dad, especially when Rex's brother, Caesar Salazar, shows up, claiming to know him.

Caesar says she looks familiar, but can't remember how he knows her. She decides not to tell him anything, not sure whether she can trust him.

When the Press get access to HQ, she hides in her room to avoid being interviewed. White Knight agrees that her anonymity is important.

When Rex disappears with Breach and Van Kleiss, Kara leaves with Six and Holiday to find him. They get separated and she vanishes.

She resurfaces when Rex returns and causes some trouble at the new Providence. She steps in on one of his first missions with White Knight's new team - Bobo, Holiday, and Six.

They sneak into Providence HQ to get info on the recently renewed Nanite project. During their escape, Rex and Kara get cornered. Kara holds off the Providence agents while Rex escapes, promising that she's right behind him, but she gets captured before she can follow.

They collar her, but she resists, until Caesar creates an enhanced collar that manages to subdue her.

Black Knight uses her as a weapon against Rex.

When the Consortium get impatient, she is forced to attack Rex and the team's new base to retrieve the rest of the Meta Nanites, but she starts to resist the collar. She buys Rex enough time to restrain her and then remove the collar.

After catching up on everything and a lot of apologies, she helps them fight the newly empowered Consortium. Rex gets control of the combined Meta Nanites and cures all the EVOs, including Kara.

She trains with Six so she can still help with the new threats that arise.