12; You Don't Know What It's Like.

Start from the beginning

"I've made up my mind." Chief finally spoke, his tone leaving no room for arguments. "I trust that you all are professionals and that you won't allow personal prejudice to affect your work. If you still are against this though..." He paused for a brief second, his smile disappearing for the first time since they met him. "...feel free to turn in your resignation."

Almost all of them could swear their hearts dropped in the pit of their stomach when he said that. They've known him for years, way too long that they had become close to him without feeling any sense of inferiority whatsoever.

At that moment though, the man they knew all those years had perished. And instead, they were staring at the Chief Superintendent of Shuri Special Force-a man offering them a way out if they dare to go against him.

The Alpha Team is important to Shuri, no doubt. They are the best. However, they are still replaceable. He wouldn't hesitate to do so in the blink of an eye. That's the gravity of the situation.

His words seemed to snap sense into them all, except Aadil who couldn't really care less about the threat. There was no need for it when it comes to him. His team mates though, regardless of his opinion definitely needed the threat.

Despite their stubbornness, none of them wanted to put the years of hard work in Shuri down the drain over some beef with a woman they just met. She wasn't worth it. If they have to painstakingly put up with her for God knows how long, then so be it. That will be better than to lose their jobs.

"That's what I thought." Chief spoke up yet again, when he saw them visibly retreat. His gaze then shifted to Isaac. "Share the resources I've sent to you with your team mates. The information on the case I'm speaking about is there."

Isaac nodded, no longer looking like a kid sulking over lost candy. His expression truly looked like the determined computer expert they all knew then.

Chief then turned around to address them as a whole. "Feel free to approach it however you want, as always. Do know though, the duration you have to fulfil the task is one week."

One week? They all thought. They were certain they could handle whatever it is in a week. They are more than capable after all.

The man's smile then slowly made its way back on his face, "Good luck, team."

That was it. Their time started then. And so was the start of Inaya Sa'id working with the Alpha Team.

~*~

"Abu Bakr, head of the terrorist group 'Gyra Dole' that has been terrorizing Nigerians for over a decade now." Isaac started, standing in front of the huge screen, and facing his other team mates that were watching him quietly explain the case to them.

He had already shared the resources as instructed, even with Inaya much to his dismay. He chooses to pretend she wasn't there though, because that would make things much easier for him.

Chief had left already as well, giving them room to do their thing. They were all in their respective seats, their devices placed in front of them in case they want to check the information on their own. There was little need though, since it's the same thing he is explaining.

The picture of the man was displayed across the screen; a face they were all familiar with. How could they not be? Everyone in Nigeria knows the man who's been wreaking havoc in the country.

"Bombing public areas, kidnapping students in masses from schools, massacres, and destroying villages. Those are all part of his doings, and many more gruesome tasks as well." With everything he says, a picture representing it was displayed across the screen. Of course, it was all basic information that they all knew. He then carried on with the new information. It started with the change of slides before his voice came.