Belo: Goodbye

I shall write my salt away tonight.

<Bella>

"I will break you out of this, Bells. I'll make sure you remember who you were."

Another promise. One that kept me fighting, that gave me hope while I was forced to take the passenger seat in my mind.

Of course, my damn alter just had to possess me and make me run the door.

She made me almost over powered by giving me this bow, knowing just how much damage I could do with it if I tried.

And there I stood, watching as my boyfriend ran off away from the monster I have become due to my alter's horrible actions.

I hold onto his words like a lifeline as the monster in the driver's seat sends me after another group.

I was making enemies left and right. Boyfriends wanting to hurt me for tagging their girlfriends, girlfriends wanting to murder me for doing the same to their boyfriends.

No matter how much I would apologize in the future, I will never earn these friends back. There's no way. I don't even know why Leo still stays around for me anymore...

"Oh Bella. I don't wish to see you like this,"

I could hear the hurt, the pain that laced through his soft murmur that pulled me out of my thoughts.

"What did they do to an angel like you?" He whispered through tears.

The monster in me stopped me from continuing on my path away from him, a low chuckle escaping its mouth as it turned to face my crumbling boyfriend.

"You wondered why I immediately declined the nickname when you used it. Well, this is why," my arms gestured around us. "Every action, every though, every word, everything I've done so far in this door, in my door, is the exact reason I denied it. I'm no angel, Leo. Angels are not capable of hunting people down and scaring them senseless before going in for the final blow. No, angels are innocent and caring and beautiful creatures. I am none of those things."

He gave me a sad smile. "And it seems I'll never be the king you wanted either. Everyone wants me as a useless power tool, a weapon meant to break, almost. Oh how I cannot wait until I finally do."

The monster grinned, shaking it's ugly head. "Good luck with that, Stigmata."

He laughed. "I see we aren't that comparable after all. I dropped the hint to my biggest secret every day, yet you didn't get them. No one cares for someone like me, a broken power toy that is dying day after day."

The monster nodded. "You're right. I don't care. I don't care about your problems, I don't care about your life, I don't care about you. I. Don't. Care!"

He nodded ever so faintly, closing his eyes. "It's best you don't," he muttered, turning to leave.

"Where are you going?"

My boyfriend turned to me and for once I saw the brokenness in his crimson eyes.

"To fulfill my childhood dream to die by my parents' graves."

Glass shattered in my chest and if it weren't for the monster I would be on my knees sobbing.

Every promise he had made to me, his final promise to me before I was possessed, his promise to me before he left, his promise to never stop fighting... Was gone.

He had broken the one thing that kept me going.

And as I watched him leave, I felt myself give into the despair and guilt that will haunt me for the rest of my life.

Goodbye Leo Stigmata, you will be missed.