Ch-2 New place New people

I didn't even realised how this week passed by. It was all so hectic, I had to pay off all the bills and services of my current house..which will remain lock for god knows how much time.

I will definitely miss this house, this city...since my birth I have never stayed away from my house for a long time.

So everything was set and I was good to go. With in next few minutes the door bell rang indicating that the car was at my doorsteps.

I picked up all my stuff and the driver too helped me in putting all my luggage in the car. With a final look at my house I bid my abide.

The distance to Dalhousie is more than 400 kms and it was very long drive from Delhi. Hence, we kick started the journey at 8am in morning...so that we are able to reach there by 8 in evening.

....

After a very long tiering drive, we reached Dalhousie but the location still an hour away. Considering we are in hilly area, the time automatically increases.

Dalhousie was one of the most beautiful place that I have seen. The curve roads built along with hills having tall trees was a treat to watch.

The never ending valleys which seemed so deep but well lit from the height where I was.

"If this place looks so beautiful at night I wonder how beautiful these valleys would look like in broad day light" I said.

"They are really very beautiful madam. If you wake up early you will be able to witness a very beautiful sunrise." Said the driver Raghuveer.

During this long journey Raghuveer and I talked a lot. He was 6-7 years older than me, So I call him Raghuveer bhaiya each time I address him.

After half an hour drive, We finally entered the border of Dilbagh village, which was a small peaceful village with in the valley only with population of around 1000-1200 people as told by Raghuveer.
The school was located at the northern end of this village. What surprised me was that the village had 5 ft. wall running around it with just one large gate for entry and exit.

It was still a half an hour long drive left from here and we had no energy left in our body. Although during the whole journey we did took few stops to relax but for now a bed to sleep was something that was needed.

"Imlie Would you like to have some tea? The school is only 20 minutes from here so if you want we can take a break." Raghuveer suggested.

"Ok bhaiya. Let's have a tea..My head is aching already." I said.

We stopped at a nearby tea stall and got out of the car. I had to take a shawl with me as It was very cold here..elsewhere Delhi people were still experiencing summers.

"why this place is surrounded by walls like that?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Dalhousie is a very famous tourist place madam. Who tend to roam around and explore local villages And people of this village don't like it when tourists keep on coming. Hence the gates." Said a small height woman, who was standing near the tea stall with few more people.

I just nodded in response and meanwhile Raghuveer came and was about to give me the cup of tea when an old lady wearing black and red long top and skirt with a scarf tied in her head stood behind me. Her visible hairs were grey..almost at the verge of turning white.

She came upto me without anyone noticing it..not even me. The moment I sensed someone's presence behind me I turned around and that lady held me from my neck, I shrieked at this sudden attack.

Her grip was getting tight and more tight with each passing moment. In that chaos I could hear Raghuveer and few other people asking the lady to leave me...but her grip on me didn't loosen even a bit.