News around the New World

(A.N.: This will be a long chapter as we will see the reactions of not just Qua Toyne, but several other groups to Russia and Japan. For this i've taken ideas from other stories.)

Monday, January 1st, 2015/1637

8:00 a.m.

Senate House, Qua Toyne Principality

At this meeting of various heads of state, Prime Minister Kanata was worried. In yesterday's incident, with regards to the defense of Qua Toyne, the military reported that an unknown object invaded Myhak's airspace, circled the city numerous times, and then left.

It was so fast a dragon couldn't give chase, and it invaded from a superior altitude.

Its origin was completely unknown. There was a Red Star drawn on the craft, but no country in the world such a symbol.

"Well, what do you all think of this report? How should we interpret it?" he asked the room.

The intelligence representative raised his hand.

"According to our intelligence, Mu, the second largest country in the west and part of a major civilization, has developed a flying device that resembles this unknown object. However, we believe that their latest model only reaches a top speed of 350 km/h, whereas the object from the incident was said to have breached 600 km/h. But..."

"But what?"

"Yes. There are reports of an emerging power to the far west of Mu, outside the major civilizations' regions, subjugating neighboring countries and rampaging about. They've named themselves the Eighth Empire and have declared war on an alliance of countries belonging to the Second Civilization, on the same continent, according to the intelligence in the report we received yesterday. Their weapons are completely unknown to us."

Light laughter rippled across the meeting room. In declaring war with a continent overseen by the Second Civilization, this fledgling new country made enemies of 2 of the 5 great powers within the three major civilizations. The idea was far beyond reckless.

"However, the Eighth Empire is far to the west of Mu. Even just considering the distance from Mu to us, that's already more than twenty thousand kilometers. It's difficult to believe that the object from this incident could have come from there."

The meeting circled back to the fact that they simply knew nothing. In any case, tensions with the Lourian Kingdom continued, forcing their nation into a constant semi-emergency state. This new incident was just an added headache for the leadership. If the object were an ally, simply making contact would be sufficient, so to deliberately perform a hostile act like invading their airspace meant that the chances of this being an enemy were quite high.

At that moment, a young official from foreign affairs burst into the meeting, completely out of breath. Normally, such an action would be unthinkable, so clearly something urgent happened.

"What's wrong?"

"Reporting in!" the official exclaimed loudly.

The official gave his report, which was as follows:

This morning, off the north coast of Qua-Toine, a giant sea craft of approximately 58,000 tonnes appeared. According to the navy, they met an envoy from a country calling itself "Russian Federation," who communicated that they had no hostile intentions. After thorough investigation, the following was recorded. These are statements from the envoy.

• The country known as Russian Federation was suddenly transferred to this world.

• Having lost all contact with their original world, they sent out a patrol aircraft to scout. On this occasion, this patrol discovered a nearby land mass.