First meeting

January 2
Sea of Rodenius
Admiral Kuznetsov Carrier group
Captain Grigoriy Shaposhnikov, commanding officer of the Kuznetsov Carrier group, gazes through his binoculars at the massive fleet of ships which looked to be more than 700 years too old to pose any threat to the carrier strike group.

He was on an important task, to bring some diplomats to establish first contact with the inhabitants of the "New World" as the higher ups called it.

Being a crusty old Russian Naval officer, he was initially full of disbelief when his crew informed him of the world transference event. He seriously considered reprimanding and punishing them with extra work. You could imagine his shock, when it was shown to be true, with the disappearance of the usual Finnish coast guardsmen near Murmansk.

"By heavens, what a sight, all these medieval looking ships. And i thought this new world wouldn't be so primitive!"-He proclaimed to no one in particular. However, the diplomats from the foreign ministry heard him. "Do be a bit proper with your words, captain. Even if we have chosen gunboat diplomacy, we should be friendly and cordial with what will undoubtedly be our new neighbors and trading partners."

The Captain pondered on that. Throughout Russia's history, many perils and dangers had threatened to destroy the Russian State, either external or internal. However, Russia always persevered. This new situation, however, was unprecedented and almost unreal. Nevertheless, The Russian People could not give up hope. If there was a way to rise from this, they would take it, facing the risks head-on.

Sea of Rodenius
The Kestrel, Flagship of Qua toynian Fleet
Admiral Perinos looked on with Wonder and Awe at the massive ships that approached his fleet. Overall, his fleet had 200 ships, an apparent use of primitive gunboat diplomacy for this meeting. However, this strange new fleet only had 8 ships, giving his fleet the numerical advantage. "Does this country not have many ships to field?"

But the sheer size of the ships, each as long as an Island, seemed to put the Numerical Advantage down, along with what obviously looked like extremely big magic cannons on the ships, which his fleet didn't have. And the ship perceived to be the Flagship was a much bigger, hulking monstrosity, which could have been boarded by almost 3000 sailors all at once. Strangely, the lead ship had no cannons of any kind, only a flat deck.
"Well, no matter how strange they are, this will be an interesting meeting."

As the Kestrel neared the other flagship for boarding, Perinos noticed that the strange ship wasn't just a flat deck. What looked like flying contraptions, like those of Mu, were on deck. They also looked like the flying machine that had entered Qua Toynian airspace just yesterday. He wondered if this ship was like those dragon carriers that the Parpaldians possessed. The dragon carriers were similarly without armaments and the sole purpose was to launch dragons into flight. Maybe those flying contraptions were launched into the sky instead. Interesting, he could really make use of such technology against the damned Parpaldians.

A boarding ramp lands on the Kestrel as Admiral Perinos and senior members of his crew came aboard the Kuznetsov. What came out as the striking detail about these Russian Naval officers was that none of them wore any Armor; just strange white Uniforms while a few carried long metal staffs made of wood and metal. "Greetings. I am Admiral Perinos, commander of the Qua Toynian naval fleet of the Principality of Qua Toyne."

Captain Shaposhnikov had done a double take. In his youth, he had studied French and a few other foreign languages. What this Perinos was speaking in was undoubtedly fluent French. The diplomats had the same reaction. Knowing that probably none of the diplomats knew French, and to avoid a diplomatic confusion, he spoke up. "Greetings to you too! I'm Captain Grigoriy Shaposhnikov, the commander of the Kuznetsov class carrier strike group. I welcome you aboard the Admiral Kuznetsov Aircraft Carrier."
Using the Captain's surprisingly good French skills, the diplomats started the meeting.

The meeting was a success. It went down in Russian and Qua Toynian history as the Meeting of fate. Russian diplomats met with Qua Toynian officials and, after giving a formal apology for violation of airspace, secured diplomatic relations and favourable trade agreements after 3 day long discussions. It was decided that Qua Toyne would grow specific products like Coffee and Sugarcane for export to Russia and would help in setting up diplomatic and trade relations with the Quila Kingdom. In exchange Russia would help modernize Qua Toyne's infrastructure.