I would be lying if I said I was not nervous about what was to come.

Marriage was not something that I put too much thought into ever since I had come to this world. It was all about being myself and playing the right hands to ensure that my succession would not be so easily challenged. Sure enough, this was also one of those plots, but that didn't mean I would not be nervous.

Father had declared that there would be a series of events that would lead to the eventual royal wedding celebration. I realized at the declaration that in the original story, the wedding had been a quick affair since things had gone bloody wrong thanks to a Knight who couldn't separate pleasure from love, which explained why Rhaenyra had worn such a plain dress on her wedding.

The series of events began with a welcoming feast, where I had worn the white dress the original Rhaenyra had gotten married in. It was a feast as the name suggested, to welcome the guests. There was food in plenty, music, dancing, and even acrobats! It was a terrific event and I enjoyed myself greatly, especially the fact that there was no bloodshed this time around.

It had gone so well that even Uncle Daemon had made his condolences known to Lady Rhea's cousin who was attending as the representative of House Royce of the Vale. Of course, I had told Uncle Daemon to be on his best behaviour and even let it be known that he was saddened at her loss, even if there was little love between them. No talks of inheritance were brought up and the man looked happy that his cousin would not be so easily forgotten. Goodwill like that went a long way in these times.

The second day of the celebration saw a tourney being held in my honour. It consisted of the usual things, Archery, Jousting and Melee.

The Archery competition had been won by Ser Joffrey Lonmouth, a 'friend' of Ser Laenor's.

Ser Criston had won the Jousting competition that had ended on the fourth day of my celebrations thanks to how many people took part in the event to showcase their skills. He had also won wearing my favour since he was my guard and a good friend.

But Ser Criston had picked a slight niggle in the competition, so he did not take part in the Melee that followed. The Melee saw a new champion in the form of Ser Tyland Lannister, who had dedicated his victory to me, his future sister-in-law.

Eventually, the final day of the celebration came and I found myself being prepped for the ceremony. It would be taking place in the Great Sept inside the Red Keep, as all royal weddings had before mine.

"You look gorgeous, Princess," one of my handmaidens said. I smiled at her in reply, because I did look gorgeous.

I was put into a dress made of the finest white silk, with a long train that would trail behind me when I walked. The bodice was tight-fitting, with a sweetheart neckline and intricate embroidery done in silver and gold. The skirt was full and flowing, with layers of tulle and organza adding volume and depth. The waist was cinched with a delicate silver belt, studded with diamonds and other precious gems.

At the hem of the dress, there were more embroidered designs in silver and gold, depicting the dragons of my family heritage. The sleeves were long and flowing, with delicate lace cuffs that matched the embroidery on the bodice. The neckline was adorned with a string of pearls and diamonds, which sparkled when hit by the light.

The dress was complemented by a long white veil, made of the finest tulle and edged with lace. The veil was attached to a delicate silver tiara, studded with diamonds and other precious stones, though the tiara was not yet on my head.

My hair was styled in an elegant and intricate updo, with small braids and twists incorporated into the style. It also featured loose tendrils that framed my face.