Chapter 10

It surprised me sometimes how similar this world was yet how different the things were. In my last life, many fell in love with the histories and myths of this world, people who were so passionate about them that it almost felt heartwarming. I say almost because there was a thin line between passionate and obsessive. People would quarrel over the smallest of things, like whether certain characters were good or not, or were they gay or not. People had their favourites and they fought tooth and nail for them.

I had mine too obviously, but I didn't really take part in all these useless squabbles. My time was spent just watching or reading about my favourites and cursing anyone responsible for harming them, be it the author or another character in the story.

Coming to this world made me realize one thing, it was a good balance between what was seen and what was written. I found equal parts of the shows and books here, made me feel like the media versions in my world had tried to interpret this world and somehow diverged it into two different versions with equal parts of the original. I did not understand how that was possible, or how in the Seven Hells this world was even perceived. Did the author see it in a dream and when it was made into watchable media the writers had seen more? Or did this world exist because of those authors and writers? Did their collective imagination give birth to this world? I simply did not know.

But what good they have done for me was that I now had an idea of how the events would play out. Of course, I had to think about the course these events would take and how to better interact with these events. There was also a matter of building for the right time.

I was more or less certain that the reason I was here, to begin with, had something to do with Dragons. Otherwise, why would the oldest surviving Dragon bond with me instead of Syrax, the one that Rhaenyra was supposed to have? Syrax of course was now ridden by my cousin Laena, who claimed her when she had come to attend my Heir appointment ceremony.

Anyways, I firmly believe that I was brought here to prevent the death of the dragons, and for it whoever sent me here was equipping me with some of the best gear. I had the strongest Dragon in existence, the knowledge of how to use a sword or dagger should the need arise and apparently, some cunning to navigate the politics of this realm. The swordsmanship really surprised me since I did not expect Great Grandfather to agree to my request. But then again, he did allow my Grandmother to learn how to use a sword.

Regardless, I had some of the best gear to tackle the time when the Civil War would wash over. That is if I would allow the Civil War to happen. At the point that I was sent and the point that I am now, there is a good chance I can prevent it all from happening. And as they say, prevention is better than a cure.

---

"Iderēbion zȳhon, dōroszālagon, hen jelmōtās. Dovaogēdyro jemagon"(It occurred in the blackness of night, my lords, during the Hour of the Bat. The thief eluded our pursuit) the Dragonkeeper was saying when I entered the Council Room. My father eyed me for a moment as I took my seat before turning his attention back to the man who had brought his complaint before him.

"Kessa tolmiot iderēbion ziry ñuha raqiros jikās? Hen ñuhe sajaksy iderēbion rōbrughon ziry vyndra se Tyroshilāt?" (How is it possible that a dragon's egg was stolen out from beneath more than fifty Dragonkeepers?) my Father asked.

"Iderēbion rōbrughon ziry zȳhon Dēmōn, Kesīr" (It was Prince Daemon who was the culprit, Your Grace...)

"Daemon?" Father asked in disbelief.

"The Prince left a missive," the Hand of The King spoke, procuring a parchment from his pocket. "I received this as I was departing for Dragonstone. I believed that I should be the one to show you this" the man explained.