Hard day at work

It's been almost three years since Natalie gave birth to her son, Y/N. Natalie has started to film for the new Marvel movie, Thor playing the role of Doctor Jane Foster.

She gets out of her car shutting the door and locking it before walking to the door. She opens the front door before closing it.

Benjamin is helping Y/N out of the bath when they hear the door close. Y/N dries his feet before looking at his dad.

"No."

Y/N giggles before running out of the bathroom. As soon as Natalie closed the door, she hears the giggles and little wet feet of her son running towards her before he comes into view.

"Mommy!"

She kneels down and he runs into her arms hugging her with a smile, wetting her clothes in the process.

"Naked baby on the run."

Benjamin runs in not long after with the towel. She puts Y/N down and takes the towel from Ben before drying him. She puts his Super Mario towel over him.

Y/N jumps into her arms almost knocking her over

Y/N jumps into her arms almost knocking her over. She chuckles before standing up as she holds him with a smile on her face. 

"How was work?"

"It was a long hard day. How was he today?"

She looks at her son who is too busy biting on her shoulder to pay attention to them.

"He was good, he did say he wasn't feeling well just before I gave him a bath so we should bring him to the doctor's if he's still bad in a few days."

"Were you not feeling well baby?"

He looks up from biting her shoulder.

"No my tummy hurts."

"Poor baby."

She kisses his head before sitting down on the couch letting him snuggle up. 

"Coffee?"

"No thanks, green tea please."

Benjamin kisses her head before heading off to the kitchen. She takes the brush from the table, brushing his hair since he only lets them do it when he is snuggled up to them.

"Did you have a good day baby?"

He nods his head playing with the sleeves of her jumper. 

"Yeah I got to play all day with daddy."

"Did you and daddy have fun?"

"Yeah but I missed you."

"I missed you too baby."

She kisses his head as Ben comes back in with her green tea putting it in front of her.

"Thanks babe."

"You're welcome sweetheart."

He goes to kiss her but Y/N moves his head against her lips making her kiss his head. The two adults chuckle.

"Cockblocked."

Natalie takes a sip of her tea before putting it down when Y/N starts to get restless.

"Someone's getting tired."

He nods his head and she gets up carrying him to his bedroom. She helps him into his pjs before tucking him in once he gets comfy in the bed.

"Goodnight baby."

"Goodnight mommy."

She leaves the room after turning on his lamp, closing the door a little as he falls asleep before heading back to her husband. 

"Coming home to him after a hard day at work always makes everything better."

"I agree, his little smile and giggles make everything better."

They both smile at each other as they think about their son. Not long after that she heads to bed herself, reading her book. 

During the night, she hears pitter patters coming towards the room. Y/N comes in crying and she immediately sits up.

"What's wrong baby?"

"I got sick."

"Aw poor baby, let's give you a quick shower"

She takes his hand leading him into the bathroom. He takes off his pjs and she washes him off before heading to his bedroom getting clean pjs, throwing the dirty ones in the washing machine.

"Here you go mister."

He drops the towel putting clean underwear and pjs on before she puts his socks on. She picks him up carrying him to her bed. He nuzzles against her snuggling close for warmth before they both fall asleep.