"Don't be sorry," he cooed, eyes going wide and doing that cute thing you thought made him look like a lost puppy. He then softly smiled, eyeing your steady, unbroken steps, "Look at you, got that walking thing on lockdown."

You didn't smile, you only looked down at your sock covered feet like they were some magical contraptions, "Oh, well I'm starting to feel less pain on my side now, so walking's been easier. I could run a mile if I wanted to."

"I'm relieved," he sighed, and he was overjoyed seeing you on your feet again. The issue was that you didn't seem like you were affected one bit.

He watched you sit down at the table before he sat down too. You looked over your plate of French toast, eyes following the powdered sugar sprinkled on and the maple syrup as well as little cut up fruit on the side.

The care gone into it would normally make you want to tease him, fluster him before kissing him, but again you hardly felt up for anything.

"Thank you," you muttered.

He watched you avoid his gaze as you ate. It seemed like that was all you had been doing this week, avoiding his eyes. He didn't enjoy seeing you like this, it was like you forgot how to feel. You hadn't cried since you got back, you hardly laughed or smiled either. He was running out of ideas now.

"Your bruises are healing up nice," Eren commented to kill the long dreadful silence. "They're practically gone."

You nodded, not looking at him at you reached for your cup of juice.

Yesterday, you spent most the day with Hitch in the living room. He tried to give you space, hoping your mood would lighten up after being with your friend all day. He was sorely mistaken.

He knew Pieck would be stopping by for her daily checkups, and it was a matter of time before she would take you back to your place. She'd been insisting every day for you to go back but Eren would always say it's too soon.

"I was thinking," Eren began, a bit timidly, "maybe I can take you out today?"

You paused, looking at him blankly.

"You've been cooped up inside all week," he explained. "It might do you some good being out. Get some fresh air and do something fun."

You blinked once . . . then twice, "Sure."

"Okay, what are you in the mood for?" he asked.

"I don't know," you sluggishly said. "You pick."

"You want to do something just me and you or with Connie, Sasha, and Armin?" he asked, praying you answered the way he wanted.

"Me and you," you told him after a moment of thoughtful deliberation.

He smiled, relieved you picked the choice he wanted. "Okay. Let's go after we eat."

You nodded, returning to your meal. Eren tried not to let his face show how disappointed he was. You not talking was the worst feeling ever. Not hearing your voice, your laugh, or seeing you smile, it was killing him.

After you ate, you went to go get ready, feeling much fresher since it had been nearly two weeks since you stepped foot out the building.

Theo had been calling you regularly, once in the morning and once before bed. It was endearing but you felt like everyone was coddling you like some child. You just wanted to get back to how you were before. Being looked at like a cripple was hardly fun the first time around.

You were fixing your hair when Eren came into the bedroom. His eyes lit up, seeing you out of your pajamas was refreshing, he felt like you were taking strides towards getting back to normal.