painted clouds

here's a long chapter, in the middle of writing the next chap rn. Enjoy the beginning stages of Eren's pov :)

tw: mentions of suicide/suicidal thoughts

* * * * *

Jean pulled up to Mikasa's dorm building, it wasn't much further than yours. Approximately a five-minute drive. Eren was in the backseat, slumped over with how badly his head was pounding.

Mikasa reached for the door handle, "Alright."

"Good night, Mikasa," Jean sincerely said.

"Good night, Jean." Mikasa spared Eren a look over her shoulder, "Good night, Eren."

Eren got out of the car to head to the passenger, Mikasa got out as well. He wrapped his arms around his childhood friend, "Good night, Mikasa. Sorry about worrying you."

Mikasa hugged back, "It's okay. I'll always be there. I'm happy you protected Y/n."

Eren let her go, a snicker passing his lips, "Look at you being all lovey dovey after that girl."

Mikasa frowned, "I care about Y/n, she's my best friend. I wouldn't want anything bad to ever happen to her. I wish I was there though. I would've cut Willy's fingers off myself."

Eren knew that hearing a threat of that magnitude from Mikasa's mouth was one he should cower in fear for, but he nodded as if it were the right thing to say.

Eren eyed the ravenette for a moment, thinking how crazy it was that a few years ago, he had the biggest crush ever on that girl. Now, he didn't see her that way. He wasn't exactly sure what made him stop thinking of her romantically, but he didn't love her any less.

Once he learned through Armin that Mikasa began to develop feelings, it was too late. Eren was already a foot out the door on that conquest. It wasn't like he loved anybody else, or even that something like love came easy to him.

He'd always remember Mikasa as his best friend, though, and his first love.

So when she waved good night and headed to the building door, Eren couldn't help but pity the girl for feeling the way she did for him. After everything she'd done for him, she deserved what she hoped for in the very least.

Eren hopped into the passenger seat, reclining the seat back and crossing his arms.

Jean started to drive towards Eren's apartment, "You tired?"

"A little, why?" Eren yawned.

Jean scratched his nose, "I was going to ask if we could play a round or two of 2k."

Eren mumbled, "Yeah, I'm down. I got beer and shit too."

Jean waved off the offer, "Nah, can't drink. I have to drive back home after."

Eren smiled to himself, "Ah, good boy."

"Ew, Jaeger, don't call me that," Jean grimaced.

Eren poked at his friend, "Why? You have something else in mind?"

Jean laughed, "Get the fuck out."

Eren joined in as they pulled up to his apartment and headed inside. With how much money he made as a surgeon, Grisha had bought out a luxurious condo just a few minutes from the university for Eren. He figured it would be a convenient five-minute commute rather than the thirty minute one from his and Dina's home.

The two boys entered the condo, setting up Eren's play station to play video games. They kicked back on the couch in the living room.

"So, how bad did Tybur look?" Jean asked.