sina campus

The weekend had gone by unbelievably quickly. You spent most of Saturday asleep and all of Sunday doing homework that you had already been assigned from the first two days. Pieck had texted you about being at her boyfriend's school in another town so that's why you didn't see her.

Monday morning finally rolled around and your first official day for your political science course was today at eleven-thirty a.m. You were supposed to have the first class Friday, but your professor sent an email of today being the starting period, so now you were heading into one of the government buildings on the Sina campus.

Once you made it to class, you found yourself a set by the window. It displayed a pretty view of the greenery outside and all the trees. It was a perfect distraction from how handsome Professor Ackerman was. All the girls were gawking at him like a piece of meat. The least you could do was not be roped in and do the same.

You managed to find a seat, the seat beside you was the only empty one in class. How lucky were you to get a desk all to yourself?

"Let's get started," Professor Ackerman stood up.

For a college class, the class was small. Maybe about twenty students, so in turn, the classroom was also significantly smaller. It also meant you had to participate a lot more . . . ew.

"Find yourself a seat," your teacher seemed to have been speaking to someone entering the class. "And try getting here on time, Jaeger."

Your eyes peeled away from the window and towards the door. They were quivering as they settled upon a pair of gleaming jade ones.

Yup.

Eren Jaeger.

He had a carefree look even after the professor called him out by name for stumbling into class late. His eyes scanned over the class, looking for an empty seat. And low and behold, that happened to be right beside you. The boy made his way over to where you were by the window, pulling the chair out and sitting down.

The blood in your body had gone rigid at the fact he happened to be sitting right next to you, and that he would be for the rest of the semester.

No words were exchanged, he simply kept his eyes forward on where Levi was instructing class. Tortuous silence clouded upon you and your mind was still ruminating on what happened at the party.

It felt like the room was picking up on heat, the temperature rising the longer you had to sit beside him. An hour and twenty minutes seemed a punishment far too hefty for anything bad you may have done. Well, now that you thought about it, maybe you deserved it.

Was using your hair a good way of blocking the left side of your face? Well, whatever, you went ahead and did it anyway. From the corner of your eye, you could see him taking notes on his notebook like you were.

For some reason, you expected him to just sit around idle and be on his phone all class. You knew people like him, the ones your parents and older brother abhor. It made you curious as to how he was friends with the others.

As the class drew near its end, Levi said, "The paper will be due in two weeks. Pick and choose your sources wisely. I suggest you head over to one of the libraries as soon as you can. Dismissed."

You stood up as did everyone else. Trying as hard as possible to not so much as make eye contact, you sauntered off.

He probably didn't even remember you, it seemed like he hardly reacted to even seeing you in the same class as him. Quite possibly a blessing in disguise the more it settled in.

Now wasn't the time to be thinking about that kid anyway, you had to go to the library to get your sources for your paper. Online sources would've been convenient but alas, the great Levi Ackerman seemed pretty traditional with his teaching methods. He had outlawed any form of digital uses in his class, you weren't even permitted to use your computer for notes.