the world is a cruel place

Eren furrowed his brows, "What the fuck are you doing here?"

Zeke stared at him desolately, rolling his eyes before pushing past him to come inside, "I've been knocking for five minutes. I called you like seven times."

Eren looked down at his phone, seeing the missed calls along with some explicit language being thrown in text messages.

"I was asleep when you texted you were coming," Eren shut the door, eyes following Zeke to the glass dining table that seated six.

"You just woke up?" Zeke quizzed. "It's one in the afternoon." His eyes scanned the apartment and he noticed your bra on the couch. "Oh . . . there was a girl here."

Eren angrily bit, "Yes, and she's sleeping so keep it down."

Zeke was now a senior in college, graduating in a few short months. He was two years older than your brother but they had known each other for many years. It was sort of shocking you never knew Zeke had a brother until you finally came to Trost.

"So that means you are back to your usual bullshit," Zeke sat down at the table. "You're back to fucking whatever you get your hands on."

Eren sat down next to his brother who was at the head of the table, "No. Stop being a douche. What's this?"

Zeke pushed a bag forward, "Picked up some burgers for you."

Eren shook his head, blinking, "Thanks. But why aren't you in Marley?"

"Semester's over," Zeke leaned back. "At least for me. My last final was this morning at eight. Drove my ass all the way here so we could talk about you and Y/n."

Eren groaned, "This is so annoying. There's nothing to talk about. I'm not with her."

Meanwhile, you stirred awake, heading to the bathroom to freshen up. Eren already had picked out an extra toothbrush for you just in case. While brushing your teeth, you heard noises in the other side of the apartment.

When you bent over the sink to spit out the toothpaste, you caught sight of your feet. You cocked a brow at the fact you were wearing socks now. You didn't recall putting socks on before bed. These socks didn't even belong to you.

Eren. It had to be him.

Continuing to brush your teeth, you were in an even better mood. You hurried out to go check on Eren and make sure he was feeling better.

As you walked out of the bedroom and into the living, you raised your brows when you saw Eren's older brother sitting at the table with him, "Zeke?"

Both Eren and Zeke turned around. Eren was silent and wore a grim expression. Zeke, though, had eyes on the verge of popping from their sockets. He looked you up and down, seeing you were in Eren's tshirt that fit like a dress on you.

"Nothing, huh?" he turned to his little brother.

Eren groaned.

"So you really made me believe a random girl was in your room? And that this," he gestured at the air between you, "wasn't happening?"

"What's the matter?" you approached them.

"Hi, Y/n," Zeke extended his arm out as you gave him a side hug. "Nothing's wrong. I wanted to speak to guys."

You sat down next to Eren, looking at him, "Are you feeling better?"

Eren nodded, "Yeah, thanks for taking care of me."

You smiled and Zeke winced, "What did you guys even do?"

Eren furrowed his brows, and you had a deadpan expression. He blinked apathetically at his older brother, "What do you fucking think we did?"