wan

Let's go Becky. Two more hours and you're out of that place. At least for today that is. Jesus.

Plastering yet another fake smile on my face, I look up at the next customer, a muscled man wearing an outrageously tight pink shirt,

"Hi! Welcome to Cowboy Joe's Hamburger, what can I get you today?" My tone is overly happy, my cheeks hurting like bitches as I always have to smile like a fucking lunatic in this place.

The guy seems to hesitate, rubbing his chin with one of his hands, looking intently at the giant neon menu over my head. Jeez, if you don't know what you want, just don't go in the fucking queue yet. I look behind him, sighing at the line of people that never seems lessen, then bring my eyes back to his confused face,

"Do you have any questions about the different meals we offer sir?"

He clears his throat, finally making his choice,

"I'll have the Sheriff Combo please."

Nodding enthusiastically towards him, I grab the mic I have in front of my cash register,

"One Sheriff Combo!"

"Coming right up Bec!" comes behind me the voice of Irin. My best friend who also happens to be one of the cook here at Cowboy Joe's. Not very safe leaving Irin in charge of all these ovens and machines full of boiling oil if you ask me.

Bringing back my attention to the pink shirt guy, I greet him with another smile,

"That will be three pounds please!"

He hands me a five pounds bill, muttering for me to keep the two left. Well, at least that's one good thing today, a fucking tip! People never tip in here; our majority of customers are students, the restaurant being only a five minutes' walk from Diversity College here in Thailand. And everybody knows that students are broke, therefore no tips.

The next hour goes by without anything particular and finally, it's time for my break. Making my way towards the staff room, I pass by Nop in the hallway. He's my other best friend apart from Irin; we've been all hired here at the same time last year, and we've been working our asses off since then, juggling with school and home works at the same time. At the moment, Nop seems pretty focused, trying desperately to reach behind his neck to properly tie his red bandana. I sneak behind him, grabbing his hips. Nop lets out a rather feminine squeak, spinning around so fast I think he's going to fall on the floor. I look at him, laughing because I get him every fucking time, and soon he joins me too,

"Hey Bec! I didn't know you were working today... I thought you didn't do Saturdays..."

Rolling my eyes to the ceiling, I let out a small giggle. I can't believe he forgot again.

"It's cause were Sunday Nop! It's not me that's not working, it's actually you!" I laugh again, taking in his sudden confusion.

"Oh shit... You're right Becky." Holding myself from rolling my eyes again, "Just go back to your place or your mom will be worried and I'll see you tomorrow at school, right?"

Nop nods slowly, looking fixedly on the floor. Giving him a reassuring smack on the arm, I take the next few steps to the staff room and head directly towards the sink to wash my hands. Putting my hands on either side of the sink, I look at my reflection in the mirror. I really look exhausted; big blue rings under my eyes, my skin pale under the unforgiving neon lights of the room. Sighing loudly, I splash some water on my face, enjoying the coolness of it on my skin and the fact that it helps waking me up a bit. Jesus, I need some sleep. I've been working twenty hours a week for the past month, in addition to school and the exams that are coming much more faster than I'd wish them to, and I clearly will not be able to handle this more longer. But I need the money, so I'd better prepare myself to work like that at least until Christmas where I'd hopefully be able to get some kind of vacations.