Every girl needs a Knight

Start from the beginning

Austen.

That bastard...the very next day after our fight he came to school, totally undisguised, the full blast of the new and improved him sent the school in an uproar. Our school wasn't big but it wasn't small either and everyone knew just about everyone else so Austen's sudden change was the heated topic for the past 4 days.

Geeky Austen McKennzie had turned into a total hottie.

I groaned, banging my head against the table. I hated it, seeing him surrounded by girls who hadn't given a damn about him before his change. Now that he was a pretty face, they were all over him. Funny how people could be so damned two-faced.

I glanced up at the giggling voices and I wished to god I hadn't. Austen passed by the table, without so much as a glance my way, followed by a group of girls chattering non-stop. It was like they were the sheep and he was their damn sheppard or something. Where ever he went they followed. So god damn annoying.

"What the hell happened to Austen," Angela popped out of nowhere and I groaned some more. I really didn't need miss big mouth right now.

"Well?" She tapped her foot.

"Well what?"

"What happened? Did he have some surgery over night or something?"

"Oh ha ha."

Angela crossed her arms. "You knew about this, didn't you? That's why he was dressed in that rediculous get-up four days ago. Now that I look at him, he's that guy who sang at the club isn't he?"

Oh great, people knew about that? This day was becoming worse and worse.

"Well aren't you going to do something?"

I sighed. "What do you want me to do, Angela? Clap my hands? Congrats, you found me out. It had been my idea to dress him like that. Nice detective work. Blah blah blah."

Angela made a face. "You don't have to be so sarcastic."

"Why are you even here, Angela?" Luis asked. "I don't see how this is any of your business."

"Of course its my business," she huffed. "I'm going to become class president and its my responsibility to maintain control in this school."

Luis and I rolled our eyes. "Angela," he began, "class president doesn't mean United States President, hun."

"Oh shut up, what do you know?"

"That really is Austen, isn't it?" Jason decided to show up, stepping next to Angela. They looked at each other for a second than looked away. I lifted a brow. Well whats this? Trouble in paradise? Its good to know that I wasn't the only one having a tough time around here. Call me selfish. Go ahead.

"Yeah, thats our Austen," Luis replied for me. "A dramatic change huh?"

"No kidding," Jason glanced at Austen. "Real dramatic."

"I told you that you were slow."

We all jumped, startled as Dean, my annoyingly creepy brother appeared, stepping out from behind Angela. Honest to god we didn't even notice him there.

"You should have bagged him when you had the chance," he continued. "You're too slow."

"Shut up," I snapped, glaring at them. "What is this? Gang up on Fay day?"

"Hello," Dean looked at Angela, completely ignoring my murderous glare.

She blinked at him, like she had no clue how to respond to him. "Um...hi."