Edmond freaking Galeon.

And what did he mean by 'he' said I wouldn't be here?

I take a step away from him, feeling guarded, my senses heightening.

The ambiance from the ball floor settles the background while staring at the one person who had raised me in a big lie of a life--hiding unspeakable acts and convictions. The one man I had once cried for at night from my bad dreams, the man who taught me manners, told me he loved me.

Who once was my father at a time, even if we weren't blood.

I hate him. For everything he has done and done. He killed my brother, who I've never got the chance to meet. He killed my pet rabbit. He is breeding soldiers and experimenting with human beings.

I want to so badly sneer at him, but I have to keep my cool. So I say, "Hello, Papa." The words tasted like ash in my mouth, "it's been a while."

Edmond smiles, eyes alight to my words, "You seem different..."

Yeah, from the likes of you and the other men in my life, "I decided to show because I haven't been out a lot." I lie through my teeth. Faking a small smile his way.

He furrowed his brows and looked over to where the people were dancing and talking downstairs. "I must say, it is true then. Nicolai Stone likes to share women, doesn't he?" He comments.

It is truly the other way around. Nico likes sharing only with the twins with me. He never brought another to the bedroom.

I choose not to comment back and keep my eyes on him, not knowing exactly how to take this situation. This isn't going to be according to the plans already. Does Nico want me to place this by ear or...

Edmond looks down at me once again, and something in his eyes darkens. My spine straightens, "Should we find a private space to continue catching up? I have missed you, you know? Your mother is worried about you."

Bullshit. All lies.

I was abused emotionally by these people, making me think that I was the problem, that I was just seeing things, suppressing my memories for their own to save ass. But, the plan was to get Esmond alone in the first place, so, "si, come with me, I have a room." I offer.

I try my best not to cower or show any trace of fear as he follows behind me to the rented hotel room. Walking down the narrow hall with low lighting, my ears are throbbing from hearing how hard my heart is pounding. My fingers are itching to grab the Russian pocket knife hidden on my thigh that's strapped in place. My gun is in my backpack that Don took with him up to the rooftop to our escape route.

Finally, we make it to the door as I slip the key card in the slot and open the door. The room is dark but not too dark as the lampshade on the nightstands is on.

Walking in, I hear the door close behind me, could have sworn here a click click meaning a weapon had been drawn. Slowly, I turn around and see that he did get a gun out, but it's not aiming towards me but held to his side, as if a precaution.

Inhaling much need air I break the eery silence, "I know everything."

He walks around as I follow his each move until he has me to where my back is to the door, "define everything?" He asks, voice hesitant.

"The experiments, you killing my brother and covering up the evidence. That you aren't my flesh and blood. I know you keep women in the basement to breed you soldiers and to sell kids off a black market website as subjects." I concur the details to him.

He nods, bringing the barrel of his gun up and scratching his head with it, "You got your memories back?" He questions.

Shit, was I supposed to be saying this stuff? "If I did, what would you do?"