chapter 7

Nicolai Stone

Years, I've spent years trained to be stealthy and diligent of my duties. I've spent most my life successing in this chest board of a life. I've moved pawns and bishops to get where I am today.

I was this close to ending that game with the Galeons only to be ruined by one little girl.

She is young I can tell, short too with the way her eyes meet mine perfectly while I sit in this chair. My gun pointed toward her heaving chest. Eyes rounding in fear, brown--deep pools of honey with a hint of tawniness.

A wet dream of an image, beautiful like an untouchable vision in my wake.

One word came into mind when I looked at her in the library and now here.

Exquisite.

But so fucking annoying I want to choke the life out of her all in one.

"I'm not coming with you." She says with finality as if she were given the choice. Crossing her arms over her chest, popping a hip out.

Such attitude.

That will not do.

Jaw clenching and finger itching to pull the trigger, "you don't have a choice, ангел."

With my other hand I look down on the screen of my phone to message my men to come to this suite--

"Yeah well, try to catch me, Hot Rod."

The cool midnight air licked up my neck as my whole body goes tense. My head snaps up to her.

Only what's left of her is her ass running from me towards the door. I curse under my breath and start chasing after her with quick work of my arms and hands on my wheels.

Gun still in hand I made a quick decision in use of my precision.

I cut my wheels in a sharp turnabout around the door, edging my one tire and leaning forward, my aim unyielding when I see her almost at the end of the hall towards an elevator.

My gun has a silencer, so not much to be heard from it. Pressing the trigger, a soft noise of chaos erupts the hallway.

The bullet meets its mark as it passes her and to the elevators green button. It causes the doors to close as she tries to beat it but she was too late. I made it with half way the hall when her body slams into the doors, letting out a whimper of distress.

Music to my ears.

Before she has the chance to turn around and bolt again, I put the barrel of the gun into the small of her back, pressing further into her. Having her arch her back for me in the most sinful ways, "you underestimate me, ангел. You want to play cat and mouse." She exhales loudly and shivers to my words, "Unfortunately...." I lick my lips, "I love playing games."

"I'll fight you. If you take me...I will fight you through all of it." She declares in defiance.

A smile reaches my lips, "so be it."

With quick response I lifted my gun, spin it and hit the back of her head with end of gun, knocking her unconscious.

I hear two sets of feet behind me, "tie her up, get her in the trunk and make sure you're unseen." I swing around and pass them leaving her limp body. As I make it to the other hall way before turning I look back at Donovon and Dimitri hovering over her body.

"Make sure to gag her. She has a mouth on her." I mention before leaving.

A chest piece has made a move and I'm willing to sacrifice a Queen if it gets me the upper hand.

I had plans to make.

And she is my key to building my Empire.

It didn't take long for the guys to bring her down when I await them by my black Aston Martin. I click the trunk of my car open as they lay her tiny body in.

I got to say, I've never seen such a small fragile looking creature in my life. It sickens me.

I sneer at the weakness before me before slamming the trunk door closed.

"Who is she? Why did you delay the mission?" Dimitri asks.

I rub the pad of my forefinger across my bottom lip, "she is a Galeon. Daughter to the Capo."

Donovon eyes widen, "shit."

"How did we not know this? He has been to many charities. Why haven't we seen her before?" Dimitri asks, almost more to himself as of thinking out loud.

I spin around and head to the passenger side. Anger courses threw my veins as I haven't driven in awhile. I miss the rush of going fast, but that was taken from me. Thanks to Edmond Galeon.

"Let's go home. We will figure out the rest when we get her there. She will need a room with locks, and no windows preferably." I didn't want to chance her falling off a three story terance mansion trying to escape.

I wouldn't put it past her seeing as she was crazy enough to attack me earlier.

"HEY, STOP!" Someone shouts from across the eery underground garage.

Eyebrows drawn in with confusion I look over and see that it is a man dressed in what looks to be what any chaperones wear. A driver perhaps.

I didn't give two shits who this man was and he is taking my precious two seconds away. I whip my gun out and without a thought shot him in the face as he neared.

Maybe he was this girl's driver, I do remember her mentioning that her parents had her come separate to this Gala. Which was a win-win in my case.

They made it easy on my behalf.

How thoughtful of their thoughtlessness.

Opening the passenger side door I help myself in. I never let my men nor a doctor ever touch me with help, it makes me feel weak. And weaknes is a flaw. I wasn't going to have them show what may look like uselessness.

With little struggle I grab my legs and place them in with me as I settle down. Donovon get in the back while Dimitri settles in the driver's seat. Starting the ignition a loud humming of sweet purring comes to life.

To home we go and new plans await.