chaper 18

Sienna Galeon

This was a place I had imagined coming with my husband someday. It'd be our tenth anniversary and we'd both renew our rings with the same vows we'd have used at the wedding. A meaningful, emotional, tear-jerking moment. But I guess that asking for too much...

The twins are outside by the car waiting by the street across the store.

We're in a ring store yet not just for rings but for wedding dresses and groomsman fittings. It's very elegant and white in here, with a hint of sheer pastel pink walls. Fake roses decorating as accents. The long glass displays for rings and magazines of the finest quality you could get.

Music plays in the background with a soft serenade blessing my ears.

I'm happy that I'm wearing nice clothes before I got here.

A soft peach colored sundress with matching heels. The dress is modest around my neckline and has long meshy sleeves with flowery patterns.

I walk around the racks of white and some off white wedding dresses, my fingertips grazing the fabrics. My thoughts spiraling with decisions of which I'd want to wear. After a long look of simple-bleh dresses that hasn't peeked my interest. Finally, one dress did. I knew it the moment my eyes landed on it, as if it were 'the right one' for me.

With a sweetheart neckline, strapless, and a fairly decent train that flows behind. The backside is a little exposed with a see through mesh, it has cute embroidery and trimmings.

Smiling while brushing my fingers into the long slit on the side that would probably show one of my legs, "I want this one." I say with finality.  Looking over to where Nico is sitting.

When my eyes meet his, something undescribable shows on his feature as he stares at me. He seems in a daze or out of this reality in ways I cannot describe myself.

If anything I guess that's a look of...admiration?

"Sienna..." he says my name slowly as if he was going to say something that may offend me, "we aren't having a formal wedding...we...are only here to get rings." He explains.

My heart cracks a bit, "oh?"

He nods apprehensively..

A metaphorical knife stabs that crack to my heart and snaps it in half.

"Um, so what do I wear?" I ask, mood suddenly ruined.

Nico looks over towards the ring display and gestures to it with a hand, "we can figure that out later. Come, we should hurry and get rings."

Looking down I follow him and stand beside him while looking down a bright light of sparkling diamonds and silver bands at our wake.

After a few moments of staring at many rings, I seem to be uninterested in the choosings. I can already feel my attitude show--no I need to be strong about this.

I shut down my bad mood by trying to erect good thoughts but no, I can't seem to. Nico had ruined it and I blame myself for kindling a fire to stupid imaginations I get in my head of a life that are just dreams of my dreams which should stay as dreams and nothing more.

So when he asks me, "which one do you like." I carelessly point to one without a second glance.

"Sienna--" Nico starts but I didn't give him anytime to finish as I turn around and walk away from him.

Hearing his wheels follow behind me he raises his voice,"where the fuck are you going?"

"To the car." I supply brungetly.

Getting closer to the door my eyes catch a black SUV slowly driving by. For an inkling second something felt off as the passenger side window rolls down--

And a gun whips out.

It was like everything became a slow motion sequence, my ears humming with a eery silence. Like the calm before a storm, sending one's death into a harmony of voidiness.

Standing here shell-shocked with terror licking up my spine--locking me in.

I couldn't hear myself nor anything at all, I think I'm screaming?

Feeling  somebody push me down into the floor, glass shatters around us while multiple gun shots were made. Screeching of tires fading into the background, someone shouting into my ear.

Now someone is shouting into my face. I blink rapidly trying to focus my vision on the person's face hovering over me. My body is shaking with adrenaline and shock as the aftermath.

It was a drive by shootout.

The blurry face becomes sharper as I meet with familiar brilliant blue eyes, "fuck, are you hurt? Speak to me, did you get hit?"  A hint of concern follows behind.

Nicolai.

With some struggle I prop myself up on my elbows and focus on my surroundings. 

Confusion hits me when I see a pair of legs standing on each side of my hips.

My eyes follow all the way up those long legs and into the very man who saved me from being mowed over by bullets.

"Oh my god." I gasp in aww.

Because standing above me on his two legs is my soon to be husband.

"No, I-Im fine." I say, voice shaky.

Nico nods, eyes looking crazy as he still examines my body from beneath him, "good. That--that's, good--" He voice stammers while his legs start to wobble.

And then his body collapses beside me, his legs have given out. "Nico!" I get up in panic grabbing his shoulder to shake him but his eyes stay closed, "Nico, wake up!" I cry.

Dimitri and Donovon reach us with guns in hand before putting them away to help me with their Pahkan.

Dimitri and Donovon help pick him up, "Let's take him to the house, we have an inflammatory wing with his doctor there." Dimitri says in haste.

I cry even more seeing how limp my fiance is in the twins hold.

"He doesn't seem to have any bullet wounds? Maybe it has something to do with his back?" Donovon thinks out loud as they both gently place him in the back seat.

I climb into the back with him to help lean his head against my chest. I kiss the top of his head, "go! Now!" I shout.

Donovon slams his foot on the gas and now we are flying down the street.

Please, please be okay.