chapter 40

Sienna Stone

It's been a couple of days, almost the New Year. A new year where people think of new beginnings or goals--life changes. For me, I honestly have no resolutions--only because I have everything I wanted and then some.

I've been trying to live these couple days figuring out what I need to do for the days Nicolai will be gone. He has a business trip he has to go too. He didn't tell me any details, especially when I asked, he told me to not worry about it.

He did say one of the twins are staying while the other goes with him.

Still, I dread the days he will be gone--and on new years too at that. It saddens me but what can I do? Invite myself?

Caspian will start training me after the New Years Nico had told me and the goal was to go to the up coming Ball at the Loutons Hotel Charity event on January 30th.

Little time to train I thought but how hard could it be? Their giving me freaking 30 days to shape up.

"I wish I could come with you! What am I going to do when you are away?" I pout seeing my husband pack his briefcase full of clothes. Noting the guns he also is packing along with a silencer. He also has one duffel bag filled with cash--a black case of what looks to be like a scoped out sniper rifle. I was if he is any good at sniping? Whatever this business trip is--seems deadly already, "why can't I come, caro?" I ask, feeling sad and also worried.

He folds his socks in the suit case, "baby, it's only a couple days. Besides, Donovon will accompany you with all your needs. We could always text each other whenever I'm free." He says, voice low and deep. As if he was trying to ease my worries, "I promise to call you when the clock strike the New Year."

My lip trembles and my stomach sinks, "at least tell me you'll be safe, you did say you have many enemies and a price on your head." Just the thought of Nico being targeted like a dollar sign sickens me further, "Papi, please take me with you!" I cry out.

His eyes widen when he sees me kneeling down on my knees and grabbing ahold of his one leg as he tries to walk away, "please don't go!"

Yes, I know I'm acting like a child about this now but he knows better to call me out this time for it. He should see and know how this is affecting me already, distressed of this whole trip, leaving me behind.

He sighs and sits on the bed as I am still gripping his legs to my heaving chest, tears falling down my cheeks. His brilliant beautiful blue eyes stare down into my eyes with such raw emotions--I couldn't determine what they are as his eyes soften and he grips my chin with his fingers, "you have much training to do." He whispers softly, "crying like a cry baby won't help the both of us. Be strong darling, everything will be alright." He soothes, caressing the pad of his thumb along my jawline, "I've seen the fire in your eyes when you fought me that first night. I have no doubt that you will be okay without me for now. Trust me when I tell that I will be okay too?"

His words struck me in all the right places, some how he knew what to say to make me feel better.

I climb up and sit in his lap, curling into his arms as I snuggle my face into his suited chest. Smelling his scent, "okay." I whisper back.

"Okay." He says having the last word.

I'll let him have the last word for now, only because I wanted to give him all my attention before he is off and out that door, "if you get killed somehow, I will personally make your life in hell a living hell." I mumble, sniffing.

He chuckles, "I believe you." He kisses the top of my head, "now be a good girl when I'm gone. No trouble, got it?"

My husband thinks I'm a heathen I guess, "of course! What can I possibly get into when I can't have my Papi's repercussions!"