❄️ Chapter 31 ❄️

Zacznij od początku

Ever since that she was a young girl, Yumetsuki had herself been a bit apprehensive about the idea of a leader. Ever since she had lost her teacher to the attack that October night, she knew the amount of sacrifice laid on the heads of those who served as the Kage. But she tried to not let that influence her. She would never let anything bad happen to Naruto.

It was an honourable profession, nonetheless.

Naruto needed to work hard but Yumetsuki believed in him. He may not have the ability to be academically gifted, but he was pure at heart. He had a way with his words that could touch anyone. She just wished that people gave him the chance to showcase that. Yumetsuki found her lips falling into a frown as she thought about it.

Uchiha Sasuke.

Uchiha Sasuke was on a completely different route from Naruto. He was so gifted academically and as a Ninja yet every single waking second of his life was devoted to only one thing – revenge. And the thought of it kept Yumetsuki up all night. She had spent four years with him, yet she had not been able to steer him away from seeking revenge from his brother.

Sasuke had engraved the meaning of life

to be nothing but intense hatred for his brother.

Yumetsuki ran a hand through her hair, not sure if she wanted to think about it at that moment. Sasuke still visited her often at her hospital office, but he never wanted to talk about himself. He would come, hang around while doing his homework, drag her out to have her use her Fire Jutsus, or just have lunch with her. Yumetsuki wondered how puberty would last for him.

Would that bring any change in this ideation?

Or would that only accelerate it?

Before that was to happen, these two boys of hers would be graduating from the Konoha Ninja Academy. Yumetsuki was not sure whether she was looking forward to it or dreading it. But she knew one thing for sure, both of her boys were precious to her, and she would be supporting them in becoming good members of their society.

"Naruto, why did you vandalise those faces?"

Just as Yumetsuki had expected, she found Naruto at his favourite ramen spot, the Ichiraku Ramen. But she was surprised to find that Umino Iruka was accompanying her godson. She knew that he did care for Naruto, even if he was rather tough on him, but she had not expected this. She halted in her steps, allowing the teacher to talk to his student.

"Don't you know who the Hokage leaders are?" Iruka questioned as the blond slurped on his ramen. "They're very important people, I'm sure Yumetsuki-San mentioned that to you, too,"

"Of course, I do!" Naruto replied. He emptied the large bowl of soup. "I know they earned the title of Lord Hokage because they were the best Ninja of their time, right? Especially the Fourth Hokage was a Hero who saved the village from the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox,"

"Then why did you do that?" Iruka asked, genuinely curious.

"Because I'll become a Hokage myself," Naruto replied. "And I'll be the greatest Hokage of all time! So that everyone will finally learn to accept me! By the way, Sensei, I have a favour to ask,"

"You want another bowl?" Iruka asked. "I'm not sure Yumetsuki-San would like that,"

"Mhmm... no...!" Naruto said quickly. "Can I borrow that Konoha forehead protector for a while?"

"This?" Iruka said as he reached for the said forehead protector. "No, no, this is worn only by those who have graduated from Ninja Academy. You will get to do it soon,"