𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

-𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

NOVA SLOWLY OPENED HER EYES,trying to adjust to the bright lighting.she soon realized where she was,after seeing she was wearing  oxygen tubes.she was in hospital. but,why was she here?she couldn't remember.her mind and thoughts were foggy.

as she looked to her right,she saw a girl,holding her hand as the girl's head was on the bed.~anika~ nova thought smiling,looking at the sleeping girl next to her.nova lightly squeeze anika's hand.

anika slowly raised her head,looking at the girl in the bed."nova,you're awake!"she said as she reached to hug her."how long i've been asleep?"nova asked."almost two days."

"damn,i haven't sleep this much since the thanksgiving of 2010.my mom thought i died from all the food i ate."nova chuckled at the memories,taking out the tubes from her nose.

"well,this time you actually died,nova.only for five minutes,but,we thought we lost you."anika replied.

in that moment,the memories from the night she was attacked filled nova's brain,making her heart beat faster.
"oh shit.i'm sorry,i didn't mean to scare you guys."

"it wasn't you fault,but you should be more careful next time,you know?maybe start and take someone with you wherever you're going."

both girls turned their gaze toward the door,after they heard a knock."hey."ethan said quietly."i should go tell the others you're awake."anika said,leaving the pair alone.

it was quiet for awhile.none of them had the courage to say anything.nova was only thinking of one thing.how did ethan arrived there so fast?how did he know she was there?

"how are you feeling?"ethan finally broke the silence."i've been stabbed three times,ethan.how do you think i'm feeling?"nova asked sarcastically.

"i'm sorry this happened to you.i should've come with you,even though you said i shou-"

"why were you there,ethan?in the alley."nova interrupted him."how did you know i was there?you weren't the one i called."ethan looked shocked by her sudden questions.

"i told you,i heard someone screaming.i knew you were outside,and when i heard those screams i thought-i thought something happened to you so i rushed over there."

"but why were you outside?i left you in the apartment with my siblings and savannah."nova asked him.something definitely didn't add up.

"what?i wasn't outside,i was where you left me."ethan tried to convince the girl."no.no you where outside,i know that.you didn't come from the apartment building,you came from the other side.the one i came from."

ethan remained quiet.he knew nova was right,but he wished the girl would forget that part.the warm and confused gaze he had looking at her,slowly became cold.

nova looked at the boy confused,furrowing her eyebrows.first,it was his behavior the night at the party,after that,he lied to her,and now this cold and empty gaze he had.he's starting to be weird.
he changed,but she couldn't understand why.

nova's gaze turned to the door when she saw elias entering the room,followed by raya,savannah,sam,tara,mindy,chad,
anika and even quinn.savannah rushed to hug her,raya doing the same.

"we got so worried,nova."savannah looked at the girl."i'm sorry,i should've been more responsible."nova nodded."you think?"elias asked the girl sarcastically."what were you thinking,nova?"

"well i'm sorry,that i wanted to show my big brother that i can protect myself!"nova said annoyed."and did you protect yourself?no,nova.you died.even if it was for five minutes.do you know how hard it was for me,hearing that my baby sister got attacked and died,and I wasn't able to protect you?"

"but i'm here now!i didn't actually died.and i promise to you i won't go anywhere alone,ever again,ok?I mean it."

"we're glad you're okay."raya smiled,kissing nova on the forehead."let's change the subject.you just woke up.stop annoying her,dumbo."raya said,punching her brother in the arm.

"i punched gale."tara said out of nowhere."what?omg,i wish i would've seen that."nova laughed."oh,sam,how did it go at the police?what did mr.bailey said?"

"not much.he just said that he found a mask at the crime scene,who apparently belong to richie-"

"richie's mask?how's that possible?"nova asked,blinking in confusion."we don't know yet,but what we do know,is that the killer,or the person who put my drivers license at the crime scene is someone close to us."sam responded.

"so the killer has all the masks?the one who attacked me had a more used mask.richie's is newer."nova added."the one who attacked us had a use mask as well."tara informed the girl.

"changing the subject again,we brought you some donuts to eat!"chad said,giving the girl a box with donuts.

"we also brought you a milkshake.we thought they won't be bad for you,knowing the fact that you just got stabbed and nothing else."mindy said,passing her the milkshake.

"good,i haven't fucking eat for almost two days."nova stated,taking a donut to eat.

©-th3fallenangell 2023