Chapter 9: Winter in Summer

In Vale, Hei Xiong, mostly known as Junior, the owner of a nightclub known as Junior's, was cleaning the bar counter, thankfully it was day, so not many patrons were in the club. However, the doors opened and Junior looked up from the counter only to see a very familiar face in one Neo Poltain, and with her was a man, in white and gold armor, over his head was a helmet, and he had a sword attached to his hip, Junior instantly thought the man was looking like a knight from the movies.

The two approached the bar and Neo smiled at him, and Junior just gave her a small smile back, "Neo, wasn't expecting to see you again," Junior said, "Who's the Knight?" He asked, gesturing toward the Knight.

"My name's Jaune," Jaune replied, his voice a bit distorted due to the Helmet.

Neo then signed to Junior that he was cool and there were no worries, they just came looking for some information.

Junior looked away from her and then toward Jaune, "What kind of information are you looking for?" He asked.

"I need information on 3 people," Jaune told him.

"Who?"

"These guys' names are Tyrian Callows, Hazel Rainhart, and Arthur Watts," Jaune told him, "Any information would be great and I'll pay whatever," Jaune told him.

Junior nodded, "Alright, I'll see what I can do, most of the information I gather costs about 3,000 Lien, so you're looking at 9,000 Lien in total, the price goes up if the information is hard to get," Junior told Jaune.

"As I said, I'll pay whatever to get this information," He said, "Oh, and don't try anything to get more money out of me, Neo is also willing to do anything I tell her,"

Junior looked at Neo with a raised brow and Neo nodded, signing to him that what she was a part of now is much bigger than she thought and is also looking to avenge Roman, this kid is helping her big time, and warned him once more not to screw them over.

Junior nodded, "Hey, no worries from me, I may be a criminal, but I know better than to turn on my clients after last time," He said. He then looked at Jaune, "Oh, are you also working with those two other kids, you know, the two that followed that flame gal like puppies?" Junior asked.

Neo nodded.

Jaune nodded as well but wondered why Junior was asking. "Why?" Jaune asked.

Junior let out a sigh, "Neo, those two kids, another ex-white fang, and some Beacon student have got bounties on their heads, Adam Taurus himself walked in here and placed them himself," Junior told him, "So whatever you guys are involved in, watch your backs, Taurus is looking for some blood," Junior told him.

Jaune nodded and thanked Junior as he turned around and he and Neo left the bar, Junior left from behind the bar and began making a few calls from some friends in other kingdoms about the three men Jaune named as well as seeing what he could find In vale.

Outside of the bar and walking down the street, Jaune removed the helmet and held it in his hands, once the helmet was off, Neo looked at him and smiled.

Jaune felt her eyes on him and looked at her with a confused expression, "What?" he asked.

She asked him if he liked the new armor he picked up today before coming to the bar to get the information they needed.

Jaune nodded, "It's a lot better than my old armor, I don't know why I didn't try to get some armor like this before, the Helmet does help with hiding who I am from certain people," Jaune said, referring to Junior. "Matter of fact reminds me of one of the heroes in a book I read when I was a kid," He replied.