Chapter 3: Deal with a Temptress

So I actually didn't make it quite clear as to how much time has actually passed in the world, My bad dear readers.

The first part of the first chapter, where Jaune has his meeting with Ozpin, begins on the 3rd week on a Monday, since the fall was said to be two weeks ago.

Now the second part of the first chapter where Emerald, Mercury, Neo, and Ilia come to Beacon, takes place at the end of the 3rd week (Sunday) as Ozpin was building the room and Jaune was reading over their files and making his deal with the High Court of Vale.

I hope this clears some confusion I may have caused!

XXX

XXX

XXX

Right kick. Blocked by Shield

Left kick. Hit right side of torso

upward swing. Dodged by stepping back

Left swing. Hit his right arm

This is how the fight went, a series of hits and misses. over the last week, Jaune had been training hard ever since the Fall as he wanted to be strong enough to actually fight against people of Mercury, Emerald, and Neo's strength. He knew what they were capable of when he read their files and so he trained from day to night in order to get stronger.

Mercury stumbled backward and his breath was ragged. 'Damn this guy! I threw everything I could at him! I thought he was weakest here at Beacon! yet he's actually giving me some damn bruises! The fights lasted for a freaking hour! How is he still standing!?' Mercury asked himself

"Wh-Why... won't... you... go down!" Mercury cried "Your Aura's... near the red... Just give up..." Mercury said

Standing across from him was Jaune, still holding his sword and shield. However, it took all of his strength to still hold on to them. For you see, Jaune's Aura was significantly weakening, but he refused to give up and when he did, he felt as if he was being reenergized.

Jaune chuckled, "Why... should I?" Jaune asked through ragged breaths, "I-If I'm seeing right... so are you... but I'm guessing you only like that since you never had a long fight, huh?"

"You think you're a challenge?" Mercury asked

Jaune smiled and nodded, "I do..." Jaune said, "Because if I wasn't... you wouldn't be so close to the red..."

Mercury growled, "You're getting lucky," Mercury said

"Maybe... but what does that say about you if you can't even beat Beacon's resident weakest student? eh, Merc?" Jaune asked with a smug grin

Mercury growled as he looked at Jaune and an idea came to his mind about how he could knock out his new leader. Mercury shot off around from his foot but it wasn't a normal round, instead, it was a Fire Dust round. As the round was rocketing toward him, Jaune realized what it was and he raised his shield as the round hit him. The round exploded, however, he didn't get pushed back, but instead, Jaune still stood his ground, but he could feel his Aura weaken much more and his arm rattled with pain, but he gritted his teeth and took the pain.

Jaune lowered his shield and looked around only to see that Mercury wasn't in front of him anymore. Jaune turned around only to see Mercury right next to him, however, instead of a kick, Mercury punched him in the face, Jaune took the hit, but then mercury began delivering more punches to Jaune's face, however, Jaune took them all head-on.

'These punches don't really have all that much force behind them... something like this...' Jaune began and he gritted his teeth and a glare came to his face 'Won't beat me!' Jaune thought and he began to feel invigorated.