Chapter 31- Catching up

Start from the beginning

Kanao: So, you mean my arms and legs will heal just by taking medicine? For real?

Girl: Would you please stop shouting?

Kanao: Listen, are they really going to heal? Tell me how they're going to get healed! Somebody explain this to me better!

??: So, that guy is still making a commotion.

Kanao: Listen! My arms and legs! What'll happen to my arms and legs! Hey!

Nezuko gasped when she realized that Kanao was the one yelling. Kanao was wearing a patient uniform that looked oversized on her.

Kanao: What's going to happen if I forget to take it? Hey! Hey! Hey!

Nezuko: Kanao!

??: Will you please pipe down! Didn't we already explain it to you numerous times? If you don't stop this nonsense now, we'll tie you down!

Kanao just shakes her body and makes noises as if she's having a seizure.

??: Really now!

The boy walked away.

Nezuko: Kanao!

Kanao screamed.

Nezuko: Are you OK? Did you hurt yourself? So, you did come up the mountain after all!

Kanao: N-Nezuko...

Kanao cries and put hers hands on his knees as an attempt to hug her while the Kakushi still has Nezuko on his back.

Kanao: Nezuko! Listen to me, will you? I got stung by the stinky bear, and the poison hurt like crazy! And that boy's been yelling at me all this time! I hate my life!

Kakushi 2: Hey, get away from me. I've got nothing to do with this.

Nezuko: Kanao, did you get smaller or something?

Kanao pulled away from the Kakushi. A bit trail of snot connected her to his shirt.

Kanao: I almost got turned into a bear. My arms and legs are really short right now.

Nezuko: So, that's what happened. Where's Aoi? Have you seen Ozaki?

Kanao: I don't know about anyone named Ozaki, but Aoi's right next to me.

Aoi was just laying in the bed with her mask on.

Nezuko: Hey, you're right! She's been here all this time! And I didn't notice!

Nezuko fell off of the Kakushi's back. She then got up and talked to Aoi from Kanao's bed.

Nezuko: Aoi, I'm so glad you're all right! I'm so glad you're all right!

Nezuko began crying.

Nezuko: I'm so sorry! I couldn't come help you!

Aoi: It's OK. Don't worry about it.

Kakushi 2: Paper! Paper! Do something about this!

Nezuko: Your voice... Is that you Aoi?

Kakushi 2: Wipe it! Hey! Do you hear me? Hey!

Kanao: Apparently, her throat got crushed. I don't have all the details, but I heard she was, like, snatched by the neck, and when she yelled at the top of her lungs, at the end, that finished it off. And now her throat is in really bad shape. Maybe she's depressed now, so she's been mellow, which is really funny.

Kanao laughs at the thought.

Nezuko: Why are you suddenly cackling all weird like that? What's going on?

Kanao then stopped.

Aoi: I'm sorry for being so weak.

Everyone looked at her.

Nezuko: Hang in there, Aoi! It's not like you to get depressed!

Kanao: Come on, you did good! You're awesome!

Nezuko: I am just so happy that you're alive!

Kanao then suddenly screams.

Kanao: Did I take my morning meds? Did you see me take them? Somebody? Did you see? Somebody?! Did you see?!

Nezuko was now in a patient uniform in bed next to Aoi. Kanao was asleep and Aoi was... being not Aoi. Nezuko was looking at both of them.

Nezuko: Kanao... Aoi... Thank goodness. You're alive.

Nezuko was now in a different room. She put Tanjiro's box down in it. She walked up to a window and closed the curtains so the sun wasn't shining through.

Nezuko: It's alright now. They said you could use this room, Tanjiro.

Nezuko sat down on a bed and flinched in pain.

Nezuko: Ouch, ouch ouch!

Tanjiro opened the door of her box and was partly out of it.

Nezuko: The encounter on Mt. Natagumo was brutal. It hurts a lot. To be honest, it hurts like crazy. Tanjiro... thanks for protecting me on the mountain. Who would've guessed that not only you, but Urokodaki and Tomioka, as well... They're all risking their lives for us. They've done so much for us. I need... become stronger. Even today... The master more or less saved both our lives. That man's voice... It was soothing in a mysterious way. Just listening to him speak made my head feel light. Who is he, exactly?

Nezuko turned her head and gasped. Tanjiro was asleep on the floor. Nezuko smiled at her.

Nezuko: Oh, right. You're sleep deprived, aren't you? Even though I'm in a lot of pain and it's tough, I have to keep pushing forward. Because... I'll be a grown woman one day. Then, I'll grow old and die. And then, the demon Tanjiro will end up all alone. that would be too lonely, wouldn't it Tanjiro. I promise you I'll turn you back into a human, OK?

To be continued...

Thanks for reading! 💚