Finale Part One

Começar do início

The walk was quiet, with not much to see. There was a strange red tower he came across, however upon further inspection there wasn't really much there. He attempted to climb up it, however a board broke beneath his feet not ten feet up and so he thought better of it and kept walking (didn't need the others coming to rescue his sorry ass all because he was careless and broke a bone or something by falling). There were a few abandoned buildings that were well beyond decrepit, with floors above the first showing signs of caving in under the tiniest of weights. One, however, was most intriguing. As Toby entered the building, he got a sense of uneasiness that caused him to grip at the knife in his pocket. Brian or Tim made no mention of other possible entities in the area, though considering the reason they were there -- he would have rather been ready in case he was taken off guard.

Entering the building slowly, Toby examined his surroundings.

Everything seemed rather normal for an old and abandoned building; parts of the ceiling were rotting away, graffiti lining the walls and varying amounts of debris and trash lying about. Man, talk about a pig stye! Nose crinkling under his face mask, Toby further entered the building to take a quick peek around. This 'quick peek' turned into him silently creeping around the building, curiosity getting the better of him and the feeling that something was not quite right feeling grew stronger. There was an upstairs, but the stairs were so broken and decrepit that he didn't trust their sturdiness. So he opted for the basement, who's stairs seemed more amicable for his weight.
It was slightly darker there, so Toby had to use the flashlight on his phone to better see. It appeared in a similar state as the upstairs, albeit a far less lot of graffiti than the upstairs and a fair amount of --

Wait, was that blood?

Toby froze, if only in curiosity, as he stared at the far wall. There was blood caked on the lower half of it, as well as some on the adjoining floor. Toby shuffled forward, closer as he inspected it. It was far beyond dried, meaning it had been some time since whatever -- or whoever -- was killed in what appeared to be a rather brutal manner. Toby squatted down Infront of it, inspecting it closely. He wondered briefly how it got there but thought better of it. Maybe Brian or Tim knew? It seemed like an absurd thought, but they had lived in Rosswood, so maybe they knew the story or legend it held? Shrugging, Toby stood and turned to make his way back upstairs --

And had a mini heart attack as a figure stood not even ten feet off, not too far from where he stood. Toby grabbed for his knife instinctively, however stopped himself as his light shone on the figure that stared menacingly at him.

"Brian, Jesus!" Toby exclaimed, hand on the knife now gripping his chest as he sighed. "You scared me! Warn a guy next time, will ya?"

But 'Brian' didn't remove his ski mask, nor did he move from his stock still position as he continued to stare at him. Toby cocked his head.

"H-Hoody?" Toby tried again, taking a few cautious steps forward. "Hoods? Everything alright?"

But still Hoody stood stock still, unmoving. Curious, Toby took another step forward -- then to the side. But Hoody's gaze did not follow him, now staring at the blood stain on the far wall. Toby looked in between the two, before finally walking up to the other and carefully placing a hand on the other's shoulder. This seemed to wake him from his trance, head jerking to face Toby.

"Hey," Toby tried again, voice now softer, "you alright?"

Hoody looked between Toby and the wall for a moment, before shaking his head. Before Toby could ask why, Hoody grabbed the hand on his shoulder and promptly turned, leading Toby up the stairs and back to the outside world all the while having a death grip on his hand. It wasn't until they were out of that strange building, Hoody still holding his hand tightly as he removed his mask and hood that Toby finally spoke up again.