Chapter 9

If it's in bold it's a POV.
hey guys! please reread the last part of last chapter because I edited it to my liking and restarted the last two paragraphs. it changes a bit of the plot so read that first before this chapter. thank you!
enjoy reading!

Half way in Logan's 15 minute walk back to the garden home, Logan still had thoughts from the study cafe that Aiden said to him. *God. What am I thinking? Tyler would never see me that way. He wouldn't be into a guy, he is totally into girls. I'm honestly so stupid to think he wants me as a stupid idiot cuddle buddy. But why can't I get him out my head? He's awake isn't he? I can go visit him at the hospital like Aiden said. It would be the first time I've seen him after the driving to Savannah. I have to see him. Tyler—— I'm coming.*

As soon as he made that decision, he made a run to the hospital. It was just 7 blocks away and if he ran fast enough he would make it before visiting time ends. Logan ran as fast as he could, getting impatient at the crosswalks when it wasn't time to walk yet. He bumped into several people on the way but took a break at the last light.
'Fuck, Tyler. Why are you so damn far? Your lucky your worth it.' He mumbled.

Logan finally made it to the hospital, getting there within 10 minutes, he ran into the receptionist and said he was here to visit.
'You made it just in time We are ending visiting times in 15 minutes!' The nurse said. 'Tyler is in room-' He was cut off by Logan's sudden response.
'I know what room. Don't worry.' Logan said.
The nurse nodded and let him go.
Logan speed walked to the elevator, and waited to receive the elevator. The elevator door opened and he saw someone unexpected.
*The hell is Barron doing here?* Logan thought.
He stepped in and something has never been so awkward.
'What floor you going to?' Barron questioned.
'2nd floor.' Logan replied, kinda suspicious of him.
Barron clicked the 2nd floor button and Logan expected him to click another button for his floor, but he didn't. Couple seconds later, the door opened and the both stepped out. Logan walking out first, and Barron following him. He starts to get nervous for why Barron was supposedly following him. Maybe he's just on the same floor as well. No need to get worried.
Barron taking the same turns as Logan he stopped at a certain door and Logan was relieved he was actually going into a room and not following him. But then he stopped in the hallway to see he was at Tyler's room. He looked through the doors window to see Tyler sitting up in his bed looking through the hospitals windows, seeing the birds migrate for spring. Logan heard a knocking on a door and saw Barron knocking on the door of the room right next to Tyler's. Logan looked away but then his eyes widened. *Wait. Barrons room is right next to Tyler's?!*

. . .

It was now about 7:30pm, and everyone at the study cafe was exhausted. They were supposed to leave when Logan had left but everyone had fallen asleep by then. Taylor had gotten up and stretched her arms out and yawned.
'Geez! How long did we all sleep?' She said.
Ashlyn still knocked out on Aidens arm, Aiden felt the pattern of of her braids on his hand and admired her then answered the question.
'About 30 minutes since Logan left.' Aiden then taped Ashlyn's head a couple times to get her attention while everyone else packed up to leave.
'Hey, wake up. We gotta go Ash.' He said.
Ashlyn woke up and stretched out her arms and collected her stuff.
Taylor giggled, 'You slept well!' then she points at Ashlyn's messed up braids and the drool across her face.
'What do you mean?' Ashlyn realized her dry drool on her chin then grabbed Aidens hand. 'DID I DROOL AGAIN ON YOUR ARM?' She looked at his sleeve and then wiped her drool all off. 'Damn it. I'm disgusting!' She told Aiden as she got the dried drool off her face.
Ben typed on his phone while holding his backpack at the exit. 'It happens to everyone. You should see Aiden in the morning.'
'Do I look bad in the morning? I personally think I look super good in the morning.' Aiden said confidently.
' I bet you don't even sleep at night to be honest. Your eye bags are huge.' Taylor said.
'I know your not talking Taylor. You haven't got sleep either.' Aiden spoke.
'Let's not go back and forth? We all literally just woke up and I need a peaceful walk back home.' Ashlyn said.
They all walked out of the study cafe and were about to part ways to walk to their houses but Taylor realized how dark it was to walk by herself.