"Maybe hanging out with her friends?", Chase shrugged, "or maybe she's doing homework".

"Maybe it's math", Alexander scrunched up his face, bringing his knees up to his chest on the floor, "I hate math".

"She might love it", Xavier replied, "she might love a lotta things".

"Do you think she misses us?", Caleb spoke up after a moment and I stayed quiet, choosing to just spectate this conversation for now.

"Definitely", Chase nodded certainly, "I bet she misses finger painting with you". Caleb's smile widened before vanishing altogether, he glanced at the tv then back at us.

"She probably doesn't remember that", he shook his head in defeat, "maybe she doesn't remember us at all". I'd rather die than know if that was true or not.

"Well I think she misses us a lot", Xavier insisted, "and that she'll be home soon".

"I hope you're right Xav", Chase sighed, resting his head on Caleb's shoulder.

"Me too", Alexander agreed; I looked at Prescott again only to find him already looking- yeah, if only it were that simple.

"I uh, have something to tell you all", I piped up, the conversation of our sister making my heartbeat increase, "Cairo's coming over later".

"He always comes over, what's new?", Prescott asked, biting his sandwich.

"We have something we need to talk to you about", was all I said and he hummed while Xavier perked up from the floor.

"Did you two fight?", he asked and my eyebrows furrowed, "I don't want him to stop coming here". If only he knew it was quite the opposite.

"Nothing like that", I promised, "he's not gonna stop coming here".

"Good", he breathed out, "he makes us happy, and you". More than they knew.

"Are you picking him up?", Caleb asked and I checked my watch.

"Mhm, at six", I replied and he nodded, "Prescott, can you-,".

"Watch them while you're gone, I know", he waved a hand, "I'm the best babysitter ever".

"We're not babies", Alexander scoffed.

"I still remember when you came home from the hospital, so yeah you are", he smirked and the twins rolled their eyes, "I'm six years older, always will be".

"It's not a competition Scott", Xavier claimed and I rolled my eyes.

"Coming from the guy who always boasts about being six minutes older?", I raised an eyebrow and he shut up, "it's always a competition".

"He got you there", Alexander whispered to his twin who rolled his eyes, "Zane's always right".

I could get that tattooed.

~

The ride to Cairo's was both nerve wracking and fucking exhilarating, I didn't know how this was gonna go, but most of me couldn't wait to find out. I even turned on the radio for once, tapping along to the shitty songs they were playing against the steering wheel, I hadn't been in this good of a mood in a while.

I may have driven a little over the limit too, eager to see my boyfriend and make this completely official by telling my brothers. I turned the final corner and pulled onto his street, frowning at the two ambulances and three police cars blocking the street- they're not for him.

Police tape blocked off the majority of the street and I pressed down on my chest, hard.

They're not for him.