Y5 | Hogwarts, You Old Foe

Start from the beginning

She looked around towards the crowd of muggles who seemed to not even notice the strange girl running after an owl.

"Could've sworn I just saw some crazed girl running after an owl. Maybe I'm just seeing things." Delia's dad said as he and Evelyn caught up with Delia

She smiled to herself as they walked into the barrier of Platform 9 & 3/4.

Once in, she felt the warm buzz of Hogwarts hit her once again.

It felt very similar to King's Cross just with more witches and wizards.

Suddenly, she felt an exciting feel for the upcoming school year.

She wheeled her trunk and pet owl, Ollie closer to the train.

As the clock struck the five-minute warning she accepted hugs from both her mom and dad. She hated to say it, but she enjoyed the freedom of being away from them once in a while.

"Okay, just a few things before you go!" Delia's dad started off on a rant as soon as the hug was over.

"You're a prefect now. People are going to look up to you. No more landing yourself in detentions for arguing with Prendergast. Or any teachers of that sort."

"Dad." Delia watched the clock hit 10:56.

"Make sure you write back if you get in trouble. You had that bad habit last year of not telling us anything."

"Yep. Great."

"Please study for your O.W.L.S. because this year is imperative for you. I can't stress how much those matter."

"Alright."

"Don't do any-"

Delia let out a small laugh and James turned around to see Greyson standing behind him.

"Mr. Donahue I assure you your daughter would do no such thing of that sort. If anyone follows the rules, it's her!" Greyson looked down at James as he spoke.

"Greyson Willard! It's been too long!" Evelyn remarked as she gave a hug to Greyson.

In terms of "too long," it had only been a month since the Willards came over to share dinner with the Donahues.

"Greyson, you know better than to scare him like that." Delia looked towards Greyson.

"You're going to drive me to an early death Delia Donahue." James looked flatly at his daughter.

"She's going to drive us all to an early death." Greyson was still looking for James's approval.

"You get used to it after a while." A heavily accented voice spoke up from behind Delia.

Vivienne Bradford, one of Hogwarts' most opulent students, made her presence known aside from Delia.

Delia and Vivienne had been the closest of friends since an 11-year-old Delia somehow ended up in the same train carriage as Vivienne in their first year and the rest was history.

Delia admired Vivienne more than she would ever know. If anyone had an unbreakable bond, it was them two. You wouldn't find one without the other.

Her brown hair was perfectly tied back into a half-up and half-down and sealed with a black bow. She was a vision of affluence.

"How could I survive without you?" Delia hugged Vivienne the moment she realized her standing next to her.

"It would indeed be such a tragic life for you without me." Vivienne knew she and Delia would remain friends even if tragedy struck.